Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

50 BMG loads...

10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  caver101 
#1 ·
anyone have any info on loads for the 50 BMG? I have looked at several loads in the ~650 to ~750 gn bullet range, BUT I stumbled across a load using a Barnes Original 300 gn bullet that pushed it over 4,200 fps with 245 gns of IMR 4350! Has anyone seen or heard about them? Barns also makes a 450 gn round.........anyone have any idea what it would do?

Anyone have any additional reloading data for standard Ball ammo (M33 I believe)? The only powder that I can get at the local store is IMR 5010. All others will have to be ordered.

Thanks!!

EDIT: also a place to get the CCI #35 primers in a 100 count box. Everywhere I have looked only caries the 500 count box ~ $100.00

#2 ·
Hey Caver,
Funny thing about the 50 BMG. I find when I buy in large bulk, say 500 plus rounds, I can get the cost per round down to about a $1.50.
When I reload I do it to save money and get a better product, but with the 50BMG I can't come even close to saving anything. If you want to try to find some deals on ammo check out www.gunbroker.com there is always somthing good.

My 50BMG is a Mcmillan Tac-50 I get the best results with 750gr Amax Honandy huntingshack ammo. Cost is about 40.00 per box of 10

I have some loads some where for the 50BMG that some one had given me that I will post when I find them sorry I could not be more help.

Cheers,
Kenshin

#3 ·
Yea you cant really save to much money when realoading .50BMG thats why i gave it up a while back. I use military match ammo that i get from a friend for match ammo... "left overs" from shooting sessions. And cheap surplus stuff for messin around with... about $1.25 to $1.50 a round.

BC

#4 ·
Well this is what I have come up with to reload plinker rounds.

projos(M33) - $0.29 (clean & sized)
once fired USGI brass - $0.18
CCI#35 primer - $0.20
5010 powder - $0.08

total = 0.75 each and I can reload the brass again.

For match rounds....................cheap is not an option :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.