Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

WTB: .223 55 Grain or 62 Grain Plinker Ammo

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Knightstalker 
#1 ·
Hey fellas, my favorite website for plinker ammo has apparently simultaneously lost their minds on the price of 1000 round cases of .223 and gone out of stock of them entirely.

Anyone have some they want to sell for cheap. Any recommendations for sub 36 cents per round cases of 1000? Loaded ammo is the key. Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Shipping ammo person to person can be a hassle because of the ORM-D requirements.

If you are looking for a commercial source of ammo, there are a couple places to check:

Palmetto State Armory
Cheaper Than Dirt

They usually have a good diverse supply and good sale prices from time to time.

If you don't reload, then you can find sales on Berdan primed "military surplus" ammo. Just be aware that it may have been setting in a warehouse under questionable conditions for some time so I may not be all that consistent. But it will mostly go bang as expected.

Just be careful not to get steel core stuff unless you are shooting at a range at targets where that is permitted.

#3 ·
Nah, I reload. I just wanted some seed brass and it is still cheaper to buy loaded ammo, shoot it and then reload it than it is just to buy the new brass. More fun, too!

Thanks for the link Alex. It makes me sick to spend that much on 1k of PMC. I bought 3 cases of it in December for $299 a case! Ammo prices just keep going up and up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.