New camo paint on my 700 LTR

9K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  kingkyle 
#1 ·
Not perfect but i like it. It keeps it from looking cookie cutter :D

Good old Krylon Camo and tape

See less See more
#5 ·
warriorways said:
Looks GREAT :lol: ! Everything is very smooth. Did you keep it assembled when you painted it?
Thank you... yeah i left everything assembled. The only part I removed was the bolt. I filled the chamber with toilet paper and taped off all the numbers/markings on my scope.

It was quite easy.

This is a little embarrassing but can you guess what movie I pulled the scheme from?

#10 ·
One thing that I didn't like about the movie Shooter is that when he shoots the beef stew from 1760 (1 Mile) if you watch closely you can see the bullet come UP and hit the beef stew. A real bullet will pretty much land straight on top of the can. I know its just a hollywood moment but the fact that they had a sniper on the scene and its pretty much common scense.

#11 ·
Actually, that's one of the best camo jobs I have seen, I like simple no frills camo.

Anyone ever notice that in the movie Shooter the ghillies in the opening scene were built on ACU's and not MARPAT? I always found that odd.

Rigger

#13 ·
taylorism said:
bigbones101 said:
One thing that I didn't like about the movie Shooter
Careful one of my threads got closed for talking about this movie. Apparantly it's been covered in other threads.

Hey nice paint job!
Its cool, that thread was taken off because at the time there were two threads already that covered the movie a great deal.

This thread is not about the movie.

Great camo job. I also like the simple and logic camo jobs.

#15 ·
Wow thanks for all the great comments. I thought i was going to get laughed at.

I used Krylon camo Kaki color as the base, then I used the Krylon camo flat black as the sharp part of the stripe and then Krylon camo brown as the faded part thats connected to the black. Its tough to see in the picture.

I used the Kaki color to fade everything and make the lines smooth. It took a while to get it right, but it came out how i wanted it to.

#16 ·
kingkyle said:
Wow thanks for all the great comments. I thought i was going to get laughed at
No you don't have to worry about that here...a guy has to screw up pretty good to conjure up insults at SC. This place is a cut above the rest.

Besides, you did a decent job. Nice stick. What are the particulars?

#17 ·
taylorism said:
kingkyle said:
Wow thanks for all the great comments. I thought i was going to get laughed at
No you don't have to worry about that here...a guy has to screw up pretty good to conjure up insults at SC. This place is a cut above the rest.

Besides, you did a decent job. Nice stick. What are the particulars?
Well thats good to know :)

Thanks, Just a Rem LTR with a Leupold Mk4 LR/T 4.5-14. It will do until I save enough for the Tac Ops Tango.

#19 ·
rawpower said:
that looks awesome, how did you do the fading?
Thanks!

For the small dark stripes I cut a 1/4 inch slit in a piece of cardboard.

For the large fades I used a 3/4 inch wide 10 inch tall slit in cardboard and held the spray can and cardboard on a 45 degree angle to get the fade. You also need to practice the fade technique for a while before you start to spray the rifle. Once you are finished with the colored fade, you then take your kaki color and very lightly sprits the lighter side of the fade to make it all blend in.

Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.