DBM For Rem 700 .308?

This is a discussion on DBM For Rem 700 .308? within the DIY forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I am in the market for a DBM system. Right now I am using a Blackhawk Axiom stock. The stock is aluminum bedded, so I ...

DBM For Rem 700 .308?

I am in the market for a DBM system. Right now I am using a Blackhawk Axiom stock. The stock is aluminum bedded, so I would prefer something that will fit in standard Rem 700 inletting rather then doing a whole lot of modification to the stock. Any ideas on a decent system? I have found a few out there, but the info they provide online really doesn't explain a whole lot, so I am turning to the experts here for some advise.

Re: DBM For Rem 700 .308?

I'm no expert, but an SC member who is recommended this company to me:

http://www.wyattsoutdoor.com/index.php

I'm sure they could answer your questions about the product. I can't help much from the practical standpoint because I changed my mind on the modfication and left the rifle just as it was.
    'And then it was that I could see the power of God helped men if they would only trust Him."
    (Sergeant Alvin C. York)

The Wyatt is designed to fit a Rem 700 stock with little or no inletting. The downside is that to do that you need to use what amounts to a single stack mag. So your only choice for mags are the Wyatt mags. It's not a bad system (I have one) but I found that the mags did take some breaking in before it smoothed out.

The most popular mags are the AICS style and the CDI DBM is the lowest price (quality made) DBM I know of, but the stock will have to be inlet. The owner of CDI will do the work for a reasonable fee.

In all honesty, I find that I rarely use the mags. But on the couple occasions where I did they were quite useful.
    Graham Smith, SFC, US Army (Ret)
    "There's no right way to do the wrong thing."

Thanks all for the info. I was looking around and actually found this system...

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/th ... ine/Detail

It is designed to fit a standard Remington SPS stock without inletting, and if the standard bottom metal from the SPS fits the Axiom Knoxx without any issues, I am making the connection that the stocky's system will work on the Knoxx without any inletting. This might be a incorrect leap, but it makes sense in my head... If A will fit B and B will fit C, then A should fit C right?

If I cannot find anything that will fit without any modification I might just have to wait and get a whole new stock in the future.

Any input on the stocky system?

Quote Originally Posted by avolcek
    It's not the "Stocky" system...that is Wyatts.

I must also say, the Axiom stock is not the greatest when it comes to accuracy, it wouldn't be the worst thing to get a new stock, and have it inletted appropriately for an AICS mag style DBM.
    Yeah, it was the right price at the time, free... and was better than the remington SPS stock. I actually was able to trim my groups down from .7-1MOA to .2-.5MOA. So it did do me some good, and the recoil system in it is a decent bonus.

I will eventually be getting a better stock for it, and that was the other thing I was looking at... Being able to upgrade the stock and use the same DBM system later on.

Here's the problem with most bottom metal. You have to inlet your stock for the bottom metal. Then, if you ever want to sell the stock, you either have to let your bottom metal go with it, or hope that person is going to use the same one. So, by inletting your bottom metal you kill whatever resale value your stock ever had. Nobody wants a bedded and inletted stock.

With a Wyatt's (which I've actually used), it is a simple drop in item that needs to inletting to work in any stock that uses the remington 700 stock bottom metal. So, I can drop one into my B&C Tactical Medalist stock and use it while I own the rifle. Then, if I decide to replace the stock later, I can put the same bottom metal into the new stock and sell the old stock as an unmodified stock (which fectches a better price). Not to mention that the other bottom metals cost about 100 bucks more and then you'd have to pay someone to machine your stock (about another 100).

The other thing I like about the Wyatt's bottom metal is that they use the same mag release that remington uses on thier stock BDL bottom metal. Most of the others use a huge piece of metal that hangs down and gets snagged on all sorts of stuff (which can dump your magazine unintentionally).

I all for Wyatt's over Badger and CDI. Who cares if you can only use the Wyatt's magazines in it. In the other the only mags you can use are AICS ... so what's the difference. Unless someone else want's to foot the bill for my rifle builds, I'm sticking with Wyatt's.
    Mutt

I'll keep my Money, Guns and Freedom ........ "You" can have the change.

www.combatveterans.com

Ads