My Rem 700 SPS Tactical .308

This is a discussion on My Rem 700 SPS Tactical .308 within the Gallery forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I figured I'd post up a pic after installing a Wyatt detachable magazine assembly. I had to do some minor inleting on the factory stock ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    38

    My Rem 700 SPS Tactical .308

    I figured I'd post up a pic after installing a Wyatt detachable magazine assembly. I had to do some minor inleting on the factory stock with a dremel tool and I also had to shim the guard just a tad so the bolt could operate smoothly. Overall, it feeds 10x better than the stock internal magazine...and lets face it...it just looks cool. :lol:


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Grand Ledge, MI
    Posts
    39
    How much was the detachable mag set up? Can you post a link to it?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    38

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2
    Definitely looks cool. ScoutRifleman, I have also a SPS tactical in .308, exactly the same as yours. I'm planning to install the Wyatt's dbm on the factory Hogue stock, and want to ask you for tips and advice in installation. Went to Wyatt's website and look at the installation instructions, it specified pillar height and receiver clearance measurements, do you have to modify the Hogue stock to meet this requirements?

    What inletting you mention,did you do to fit the assembly?

    Also what shims did you use on the guard? and who sells it? Did you shim the front and back,and are they installed between the assembly and stock?Most likely I would need the same ones.

    Any help and tips is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyc
    Definitely looks cool. ScoutRifleman, I have also a SPS tactical in .308, exactly the same as yours. I'm planning to install the Wyatt's dbm on the factory Hogue stock, and want to ask you for tips and advice in installation. Went to Wyatt's website and look at the installation instructions, it specified pillar height and receiver clearance measurements, do you have to modify the Hogue stock to meet this requirements?

    What inletting you mention,did you do to fit the assembly?

    Also what shims did you use on the guard? and who sells it? Did you shim the front and back,and are they installed between the assembly and stock?Most likely I would need the same ones.

    Any help and tips is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    The only work I had to do on the stock was to open up the magazine box opening a tad on the inside. Nothing appearance wise on the outside. You'll see if you get the kit, trust me, its an easy job that you can do with a dremel and a file and only takes a few minutes. This makes the kit just drop right in. As far as shims, I used 1/8" washers, one on the front and rear. That seemed to do the trick.

    I just put a weaver multi-slot tactical base on with weaver low rings. She really shoots nice now! This brought the scope to my natural cheek weld, so the view is the same everytime.



    I just shot this group on Tuesday. Federal GMM at 100yrds. My spotter confirmed all three shots went right into this group. .25 MOA measured from center to center, .5 from outer to outer (not sure which way to properly measure moa). I have it sighted in dead center at 200yrds, that's why its high at 100.


  6. #6
    Senior Member slowkota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    314
    Whats up with that base?
    Previous owner of:
    R700 VTR .308
    B&C Medalist A-5 stock
    Harris 9-13 bipod
    wotac 4-14x50
    Burris XTR low rings
    Butler creek flip up caps w/ KillFLASH ARD
    EGW 20 MOA 1 piece base
    Tac-ops Bolt knob (by Monteboy84)

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by slowkota
    Whats up with that base?
    What base? The weaver multi-slot tactical base?

  8. #8
    Senior Member the m700 project's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Holmdel NJ
    Posts
    2,454
    I wish i could take some nice outdoor pics but the neighbors in my town house would frown on it :lol:

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by the m700 project
    I wish i could take some nice outdoor pics but the neighbors in my town house would frown on it :lol:

    I live in a townhouse too....I don't care what the neighbors think. My hottie of a cougar neighbor doesn't mind at all. She's always asking questions about the guns. Of course when outside I always leave the action open, unless I close it quick for a photo.

  10. #10
    Senior Member slowkota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutRifleman
    Quote Originally Posted by slowkota
    Whats up with that base?
    What base? The weaver multi-slot tactical base?
    Yeah, the end of the base nearest the barrel... looks like its not made for that rifle or something.
    Previous owner of:
    R700 VTR .308
    B&C Medalist A-5 stock
    Harris 9-13 bipod
    wotac 4-14x50
    Burris XTR low rings
    Butler creek flip up caps w/ KillFLASH ARD
    EGW 20 MOA 1 piece base
    Tac-ops Bolt knob (by Monteboy84)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 07:43 PM
  2. Suarez Tactical Rifles STR308 Police Tactical
    By slothlacrosse in forum Rifles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 02:08 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 01:28 PM

Search tags for this page

.308 tactical kit
,
installing wyatt magazine
,
rem 700 mag kit for hogue overmold
,

remington 700 308 detachable magazine

,

remington 700 detachable magazine 308

,

remington 700 detachable magazine conversion

,

remington 700 magazine 308

,

remington 700 sps detachable magazine kit

,

remington 700 sps tactical 308 magazine conversion

,

remington 700 sps tactical magazine conversion

,

remington 700 with hogue stock and detatchable mag

,
soda can shim remington hogue stock
Click on a term to search for related topics.