Hello from Hawaii

Hello from Hawaii

This is a discussion on Hello from Hawaii within the Introductions forums, part of the New Member Area category; I joined this forum to try and reach out to the sniper community and give back what I can. Currently serving in the USMC as ...

Hello from Hawaii

I joined this forum to try and reach out to the sniper community and give back what I can. Currently serving in the USMC as a Scout Sniper not sure how many of you on here are military but I look forward to meeting the community.

Welcome to the forum and God bless you for serving the country.

Welcome. Wish I was military, give me 2 years. I am really interested in working to become a Sniper. Thank you for your service.
    1954 Winchester model 70 .30-06

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I'm 17 and was going to enlist in the Corp but i couldn't get my parents to sign for MEPS. So now Im considering the officer route. Do you know if there is a way to be a sniper or work with snipers as an officer. I've been wondering and figured you might know. Thanks

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by asymetricwarfare View Post
    I'm 17 and was going to enlist in the Corp but i couldn't get my parents to sign for MEPS. So now Im considering the officer route. Do you know if there is a way to be a sniper or work with snipers as an officer. I've been wondering and figured you might know. Thanks
    Going the officer route it will be practically impossible to actually go to sniper school and be a sniper. However if you become a intel officer there is a slight chance you could become the platoon commander for a sniper platoon but again that's a slight chance because there are a lot more intel job openings than there are sniper platoon commanders. So your best bet is to be enlisted. In the next few months the sniper MOS is changing and you will be able to enlist in the marine corps as a sniper compared to in the past you would of had to enlist as a 03 and then later on be selected for a sniper platoon.

Welcome . Lots of good folks here. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper3 View Post
    Going the officer route it will be practically impossible to actually go to sniper school and be a sniper. However if you become a intel officer there is a slight chance you could become the platoon commander for a sniper platoon but again that's a slight chance because there are a lot more intel job openings than there are sniper platoon commanders. So your best bet is to be enlisted. In the next few months the sniper MOS is changing and you will be able to enlist in the marine corps as a sniper compared to in the past you would of had to enlist as a 03 and then later on be selected for a sniper platoon.
    Yeah I've heard about that change. Thanks for the intel i appreciate it.

Ads