Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

Cheytac Rifles

9K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  deadshot2 
#1 ·
Whatever you do, do not trust the guys from Cheytac Rifles. I am a 20 year veteran of the Maryland State Police with 8 years on the Special Weapons and Tactics Team and 7 years of sniper experience. I shot in the FN/Leupold International Sniper Competition for 5 years and now help run the competition that is now sponsored by Berretta USA. Three years ago we invited the guys from Cheytac to our competition as sponsors. First of all, they were new to the competition and right away wanted to be the main sponsor. Obviously we were not going to tell our long time sponsor (Leupold and FN at the time) that we were kicking them out to put Cheytac in. I explained this to them and they complained but advised they still wanted to attend. In order to attend our competition as a sponsor, an organization has to donate a prize to the prize table for the snipers competing. Cheytac insisted on playing a large role and wanted to donate a brand new rifle to the top overall shooter. I agreed to let them be a sponsor and they came. At the end of the competition, the top shooter was a SWAT officer from here in Maryland. After months of broken promises and emails/phone calls that were not returned, the officer has to this day not received his weapon. These guys are a sham when it comes to customer service and integrity. This competition is a Military/ Law Enforcement only event that has been well known since the early 90's and is still going strong thanks to some of our Awesome supporters and vendors. Cheytac is not one of them!! Don't waste your time or money on these guys.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, I know I apologize for that but I have been seeing a lot of CheyTac articles. I wanted to get this information out there somewhere so people could spread the word. If they are bankrupt, I hadn't heard but it sure would surprise me. The guys are pure BS. They try to talk a good game but in the end, they are liars trying to get people to buy their stuff. They used us for the publicity and left the winning sniper and the sniper community there high and dry. I am still in disbelief. I apologize again for the negative first post.

#8 ·
Hmmm... I would really like confirmation on this.

I know that when I talked to the "new guys" on the phone recently... they were VERY defensive in regard to being associated with the "old" cheytac, and adamant that they had nothing to do with them.

If that is a lie, and the people there now are truly some of the same people that were the "old" cheytac... then that is likely something they will never crawl out from under.

Could you share some more details and specifics? I don't mind when people share negative things about a company. If it is true, then those negative things will spare other people from the same fate.

#9 ·
I think that as an event manager I would only list the name of a Sponsor, especially a new one, when the prize is "put on the table".

I used to manage a lot of industry trade shows in the industry I retired from. This was a regular happening at the shows with sponsors. In my shows they only got to participate if their checks were in hand prior to the final programs being printed. Likewise with any product donations. Had them ship those to our warehouse(s) so we could make sure they were at the show.

You'd be amazed at how experience makes us even smarter.

#10 ·
Unfortunately being a trooper for so many years has taught me to trust nobody. Their name was not listed as a sponsor at all. They were very last minute with everything and I "fit them in". Their name was not printed on any of the materials I sent out. They showed up at the show with the rifle. They were showing it off and actually let the winner pose for pics with it. Then they took it with them due to "paperwork" that had to be done if I remember correctly which does happen with guns.(especially in Maryland) Then they stopped returning the phone calls. If you have never managed an event with firearms involved, you can't usually take possession until well after the show. We have never had anyone take advantage like this before. That is one of the reasons I wanted to get it out there. I only wish I would have done it sooner.
I would be curious to know if this is supposedly all new people, why they stayed with the name. That is name recognition you do not want.

Orkan, All I can say is that I just now pulled up the Cheytac USA website and hit contacts. At least 3 of the 4 names listed on the left hand side of that page, are names I recognize from dealing with the company and exchanging emails. Just tread lightly is all I am saying

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.