Bullet Necklace

This is a discussion on Bullet Necklace within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hey everyone. I read in a book that if you pass scout/sniper training, you are given a 7.62 bullet necklace to wear at all times. ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullet Necklace

Bullet Necklace

Hey everyone. I read in a book that if you pass scout/sniper training, you are given a 7.62 bullet necklace to wear at all times. I looked it up several times, but was unable to find anything else about it. Is it true?
    Being in the rain isn't so bad when you accept the fact that you're going to get wet.

in my battalion they gave the pigs a 556 necklace to wear, and the hogs were given the 762. i dont know if the 556 was practiced a lot but i know the hogs necklace is definitely true. as far as i know, its not so big in the army. and they never had shiny ones like in your picture. they were regular ball rounds on a 550 cord

Bullet Necklace

Does anyone still wear their necklaces?
    Being in the rain isn't so bad when you accept the fact that you're going to get wet.

Yes the Hogstooth is still wore to this day. Its a sierra 7.62 matchking. It is given upon completion of sniper school and is said to be good luck to the wearer. Unfortunately a lot of units are telling people they cannot wear them do to not being uniform. B.S. if you ask me.

When I was in the guys who passed school wore the "Hog's Tooth" [7.62]. We used the "Pig's Tooth" [5.56] as a reward for the "Pig of the Week" during the spin-up for new snipers. It was a rotating award. That was in the Marines; 2/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Five
    When I was in the guys who passed school wore the "Hog's Tooth" [7.62]. We used the "Pig's Tooth" [5.56] as a reward for the "Pig of the Week" during the spin-up for new snipers. It was a rotating award. That was in the Marines; 2/5.

Here is an article where the guy talkes about graduating from a pig to a hog and having his 7.62 necklace.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... gewanted=2

While doing a little more research I found this site also.

http://www.7-62.com/start.asp
    JOEY

SC Member #2507
    SASS#84934

Bill Of Rights Supporter

Thanks for sharing the article, but wow, could they have crammed any more incorrect information in there? It's like he took every off-hand comment made and turned it into fact. I had glasses and my partner is left handed, I'll just leave it at that. That and while his portrayal of the personalities and background of the sniper was generally speaking (as in, probably 50%) accurate, we're not all Skol munching hillbillies that grew up with a rifle in one hand and our mother's milk in the other. (no offence to those that are and did) Journalists. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Five
    Thanks for sharing the article, but wow, could they have crammed any more incorrect information in there? It's like he took every off-hand comment made and turned it into fact. I had glasses and my partner is left handed, I'll just leave it at that. That and while his portrayal of the personalities and background of the sniper was generally speaking (as in, probably 50%) accurate, we're not all Skol munching hillbillies that grew up with a rifle in one hand and our mother's milk in the other. (no offence to those that are and did) Journalists. :roll:
    Yes.....I didnt like much of what was said there either. It was the only article I found on it though.

Also, while the 7.62 website says portions of the proceeds will go to a good cause......its crazy that someone will take something that is supposed to mean something to the men who EARNED them....and make it commercial.
    JOEY

SC Member #2507
    SASS#84934

Bill Of Rights Supporter

There is another website, www.snipernecklace.com, that sells them too. They aren't engraved, however.

my uncle gave me his hog's tooth, which he said was his prized possession, before he died. does this mean anything military wise?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads