Remington 700 SA bolt

Remington 700 SA bolt

This is a discussion on Remington 700 SA bolt within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Does anyone know where I might get a spiral fluted bolt for a Remington 700 SA .308? I really like the way it looks. I've ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remington 700 SA bolt

Does anyone know where I might get a spiral fluted bolt for a Remington 700 SA .308? I really like the way it looks. I've seen them on the 700 titanium. I know it probably serves no purpose but hey it's my gun and I think it looks cool. Do you think I would have to go through remington to get one? I've checked out Brownells and Midway and don't see bolts sold by them selves anywhere but I may just not know where to look.

Google fluted bolt remington and you'll get a ton of hits.

Still didn't find any place but I did find a good aticle giving a good reason for having a fluted bolt besides aesthetics.

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/featured ... ndex1.html

I think I'll email Remington.
    I read to the end of the article and found High-tech customs does it for $90 dollars. I'll have to compare that to what Remington might charge me for just the bolt. I do like the three position Mauser safety he uses but $350, WOW!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Aparently this must be a comon thing remington list the fluted firing pin assembly in there parts catalog for almost every model 700. Woohoo! price $56.

Now a new question would it be better to go with the satin SS or the Matte? I will be putting it in a 700 SPS varmint? Would the satin stainless allow for better lubrication in the action? Only reason I say satin is to keep the glare down I know the matte would be the best option for that but wondering if the matte ss would be a good compromise between low glare and upgraded function. Of course this will be the only SS on the entire rifle so might stick out like a sore thumb, Oh indecision will be the reason they commit me later in life, lol!!

How about Black T? I think that would look good on a spiraled bolt.

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

Hidden Content

Definately!

I may go with the stainless now.

Later on when I have my action work done and the barrel replaced, I will have the whole rifle done (refinished in Birdong Black-T).

By then, the time when I choose to do the action work and barrel replacement, I may be looking for a stainless reciever to replace the current action.

Oh wait I completely over looked what you were saying.

I could get just have the bolt coated in Birdsong Black-T.

That sugestion is an AWESOME IDEA!

I can have the Birdsong coating applied I send my Remington 700 bolt out to get the Tac-Ops tactical bolt knob added.

Does anyone have an idea of how long the wait time is to get parts back from Birdsong once they are sent to them for coating?

(this post has been gramaticlly corrected)

However, I did'n do so well in english class. Dis Vermonter is from da bak wooz ya c an 'as a lil rednek in hiz jean pool. Ain't nutt'n rong wid a tightly wound rednek. Tink I'm red Green color blind can't tell one can o coffee from da udder!

Did I mention us Vermonter's are natural Smart *****, lol!

I'm thinking of having my car Birdsonged. I'm tired of rocks chipping my paint

Pure Mahem.....do you work with the Magneto Hydrodynamic Explosive Munition program?
    - - - A good rifleman understands the importance of the .22LR - - -
    Hidden Content

I actually had to google that! The answer is no. I've had that screen name for probably about 15 years. I originally miss spelled it when I signed up for my yahoo account. But I've stuck with the name through the years as it seems to describe my life and my mischivous personality. That would be really cool if I did work for them I would love to test the merchandise. I would definately have to work in quality control. LOL!

Does anyone use a spiral fluted bolt? How do you like it, performance wise that is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads