ASI Quiet Linear Compensator

This is a discussion on ASI Quiet Linear Compensator within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; has anyone had any experiance with this break or one like it? was thinking on puting it on a 308 but dont know if it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ASI Quiet Linear Compensator

has anyone had any experiance with this break or one like it?
    was thinking on puting it on a 308 but dont know if it will hurt the accuracy.

THE ANSWER IS HERE

You are not Prepared.

Don't know anything about the brake but why are putting a brake on a 308? The recoil is mild as is.
    Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you.

Sum dominus fati: sed sum princeps meae.

mainly for looks, but if will afect acuracy or barel harmonics than I wont be geting it.
    THE ANSWER IS HERE

You are not Prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw
    mainly for looks, but if will afect acuracy or barel harmonics than I wont be geting it.
    Function before beauty my friend. A brake will not win you any friends at the range due to muzzle blast seeming to be louder (it isn't really it is just a matter of it being redirected) and a brake really isn't a tactical devise, it is more tacticool.
    Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you.

[quote="Longshot38Function before beauty my friend. A brake will not win you any friends at the range due to muzzle blast seeming to be louder [/quote]

function is my concern. If it does not afect acuracy then i want it because you just dont see them alot. makes my boom boom difrent.
    basicaly I am focused on building one of mel's projects he did shooting below 850. Mine will be a bit more due to costs going up recently and his was over 900 anyway when he got done.
    still havnt decided on the stock thogh, I am prety sure I will go with the same choate varment stock.

the noise isint an issue because this particular break focuses all the noise fwd of the rifle along wth wind.

so if anyone has some input on acuracy afecting issues with this break or breaks in general I sure would like some info if it woldnt be to much trouble.
    THE ANSWER IS HERE

You are not Prepared.

A brake will not hurt accuracy. There are plenty of them out there and non harm accuracy. I had one on my 7mm prior to it being rebarreled and it make a world of difference in recoil. I say go for it if that is what you want, it is not going to hurt anything. Personally I would just leave well enough alone and either leave your 308 w/o or go all out and slap a suppressor on it.

unfortantly a supresser is illegal in my state.
    THE ANSWER IS HERE

You are not Prepared.

I'm have a brake put on my new Losok .308, it has nothing to do with what it looks like, in fact I've not seen it, Mark picked it. I did it because recoil hurts my neck.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw
    I am focused on building one of mel's projects he did shooting below 850. Mine will be a bit more due to costs going up recently and his was over 900 anyway when he got done.
    Why not get the Savage 10FP in 308 with the Choate Varmint folder already on it? $820 plus shipping brand new.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads