Carlos hathcock unconfirmed kills

This is a discussion on Carlos hathcock unconfirmed kills within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; ok, so i was going through the list on the snipers page and when i got to carlos, i noticed there were no denoted unconfirmed ...

Carlos hathcock unconfirmed kills

ok, so i was going through the list on the snipers page and when i got to carlos, i noticed there were no denoted unconfirmed kills. i could have sworn somewhere that he had plenty of unconfirmed kills. I haven't had the chance to read 93 confirmed kills but my dad swears that if people spent more time reading that, then the bible, the world would be a better place. i hope to read it soon. i guess my question is, WHAT IS THE ESTIMATE ON CARLOS' UNCONFIRMED KILLS?
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not shoot,
    The courage to shoot the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies.

I don't know what his unconfirmed kills were but I did have the pleasure of meeting a gentleman tonight that served with Carlos Hathcock and even showed me a picture of them having dinner when they were in the service.
    Now a proud owner of a Larry McElroy built Savage. Stockade Stock. WoTac 4-14. 20" McGowen Bbl. Harris Bipod. Duracoated and cammied out!!!

In one shot one kill I believe there was a story about he and his spotter when they came upon an entire NVA company making their way through rice patty fields in the valley below him. They were 800 yards off when they engaged, after taking out the officers the rest scattered like flies eventually digging in in an irrigation canal. Those that tried to escape got cut down instantly and after a few days of starving in a canal with a bunch of bloated bodies they tried to create diversion teams to allow the rest of the survivors in mass to bolt for the treeline. IIRC They wiped out the entire company before they made it to the trees and I don't think they went down to confirm any of them.
    Proud owner:
    1934 matching K-31
    .308 Savage Tactical
    .270 Remington 700 Sendero
    Remington 510 Targetmaster .22
    Parker Hale 1200 Super 7mm Rem Mag

:shock:
    #2 Infidel
    Jeff Dorr...Gone but not forgotten

Next builds:
    "Black and scary assault sniper rifle"
    "machine sniper pistols that spray bullets from clips"...Thanks CNN,NBC & CBS

200+
    ***SPF***

SOLD PENDING FUNDS!

I had the high honor of being taught by the Jarhaid who holds the longest bolt gun confirmed from Vietnam. It is my rare priviledge to work with this guy today.

1200+ yards, confirmed, 308.

Some experts have a ribbon and think they are golden, Steve has 60+ dead enemy- each with one hole in em...

I realize this is the 'show me' or 'who cares' generation... but there are just a few things that dont really need too deep a thought given em...

Yes we love you
    That BDU DOES make your a** look big

And if Gunny Hathcock or SFC Suttles say the sky is orange I wouldnt even glance up, just smile and nod.... no wonder I had trouble seeing the 800 yard target...

Bottomline for both men isnt how many of their numbers are or are not confirmed, they went out in pairs to face more of the enemy than all of us put together and came back -the BG did not.

Both men were badly wounded over there, both survived, though carry the effects of those wounds. Both continued on to train more snipers.

Sadly the Gunny isnt with us anymore... Steve still is and still training snipers and marksmen who still serve us both in LE and Military.

Some call those men dinosaurs, but they are the standard all others are measured by.

Ok my rental time on the soapbox has expired... I wouldnt worry about how many are not confirmed, just have you reserved your place in the Armed Services to carry on the proud tradition...

See the World the Way Few Tourists Do....

To this day that recruiter poster cracks me up....

read "silent warrior" also. sequel to 93 confirmed kills. tells of his life after retirement until his death
    vini vidi vici

If I remember right in "93 confirmed kills" total including unconfirmed was 300+. It was a great book and I will 2nd the recomendation for "SIlent Warrior" Does anyone have any more book recomendations on Carlos Hathcock? or any other sniping history? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boone
    200+
    I believe that's correct. I remember reading a magazine article - I don't remember the source for sure but it might have been in SOF - that quoted Gunnery Sergeant Hathcock as saying he thought he'd made around 300 kills.

thanks for all the info. you guys are the best
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not shoot,
    The courage to shoot the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies.

Ads