Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

"Butt Pad" for B&C Medalist "A-5" stock

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  deadshot2 
#1 ·
I have the "A-5" style Medalist "tactcal-varmint" stock and would like to improve on the recoil pad. On this stock it fits on an adjustable "shoe" but is a little flat for my taste. I'd like something with a little more curve in it to better fit my shoulder and help insure I get the butt of the stock placed in the "pocket" the same way each time.

Has anyone ever retrofitted another pad to this adjustable "block"? If so what brand/style.

I've also considered just modifying the existing pad by cutting the "bond" at the top and bottom and inserting a "wedge" of plastic to force some more curve into the pad.

Has anyone here gone that route?

I'm interested to see what others might have done.

One of our local shooters has an Alessio tube gun with a pad that is both skeletonized and adjustable for curve. Are these only from Alessio or are they an aftermarket accessory?

#2 ·
Simple solution is to get a slip on pad from Limbsaver. This will also add a bit of length to the stock - something that many people find advantageous.

#3 ·
Are you aware of what the B&C Medalist Tactical/Varmint (aka A-5) stock looks like? In case you've never seen one, here's a picture.

I'd put one of those Limbsaver "Boots" on my stock as I'd put a pair of "Galoshes" on a bikini model. Also, the "A-5" from B&C has a fully adjustable butt for LOP, Cant, and Drop at the heel.

I'm just interested in what to do with the thin rubber pad on the adjustable "shoe" at the end. I don't really care about a recoil absorber, just a but pad that has more curve (or the curve can be adjusted) so it always fits the same part of my shoulder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.