Talon for Harrys Bipod

Talon for Harrys Bipod

This is a discussion on Talon for Harrys Bipod within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I've decided to put spikes on all the bipods. Any suggestions out of listed below. Just so many of them. Tactical Supply, Hawk Hills, Morse, ...

Talon for Harrys Bipod

I've decided to put spikes on all the bipods. Any suggestions out of listed below. Just so many of them.

Tactical Supply, Hawk Hills, Morse, D&G, JEC.

The list goes on and on, but don't want to bored you.

Any favorites???
    Last edited by gpark09; 12-27-2016 at 05:17 PM.

I bought a set from Tactical Supply. Work great. Hardest thing about installing them is getting the roll pin out of the Harris legs. You'll need a vise or a trusting friend to hold the leg on a small diameter piece of pipe that is being held vertically on a solid surface like concrete, etc. They're pretty snug.

Only know about the T.S. talons so I won't comment on the others.

I switched the Khantrol Solutions Pod Mod adapters. That lets me switch from any foot designed for a Atlas bi-pod. Then you can swap between the spikes and rubber feet.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

It looks like JEC is out of stock. D&G cost more than the bipod. I guess I will have to decide from TS, Morse, and Black Hawk.

Since, I don't own any Atlas Pod Mod is out of the picture for now. Somehow, I'm more comfortable with Harrys than Atlas. I don't know why.

One more thing. TS talons spikes are aluminum and Hawk Hill talons spikes are stainless steel. Would that make big difference in functionality?

The idea of the pod mod is to be able to use Atlas style feet.

https://kahntrol.com/podmodadapters/

I would not use aluminum feet if you shoot on a hard surface. They'll wear down quick.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    I would not use aluminum feet if you shoot on a hard surface. They'll wear down quick.
    Yeh... that's what my first guess was. Guess I will try Hawk Hill's product first. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    The idea of the pod mod is to be able to use Atlas style feet.

https://kahntrol.com/podmodadapters/

If you're using Atlas "feet" just use the "ski feet" for hard surfaces. Want a little grip on them just glue some thin rubber plate that's sold in hardware stores for emergency pipe leak repairs. The stuff you wrap around the hole then secure with hose clamps. Rubber for the grip but no cushion.

Ads