January 2017 Monthly Shooting Challenge

This is a discussion on January 2017 Monthly Shooting Challenge within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Here's our first month challenge. Good luck hope we get some nice targets turned in! Rules: 1. Shoot as many targets as you'd like. However ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: January 2017 Monthly Shooting Challenge

Here's our first month challenge. Good luck hope we get some nice targets turned in!

Rules:
    1. Shoot as many targets as you'd like. However you can only post one target, per class.
    2. All targets must be posted by 11:59pm Pacific time on the last day of the month.
    3. You must follow the coarse of fire for that months target. Each target will have a maximum number of shots allowed.
    4. Use any rifle that you'd like. Minimum distances are as follows:
    a. Airrifle 25 yards
    b. Rimfire 50 yards
    c. Centerfire 100 yards
    5. Be sure to include what rifle, round, position, and distance you've shot the target with in your post. Writing it on the target is fine.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...GZjazlUVXFSLTA

Coarse of fire...a 3 shot group at each of the top bullseyes. 1 shot each at the dots on the dogs. 9 shots total. Good luck!
    Last edited by NorCalFocus; 01-05-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

Target printed on 8 1/2 x 11, right? Then again, that's the only size I have access of besides legal size.

Quote Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
    Target printed on 8 1/2 x 11, right? Then again, that's the only size I have access of besides legal size.
    Yes printed on standard letter 8.5x11.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

I like this idea! They did something like this on SH if I recall and that was fun, so I'm in! Target printed.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    Yes printed on standard letter 8.5x11.
    Is A4 okay for us in Europe?
    I can shoot moa sized groups all day, every day, with pretty much any rifle. It's just a pity that I don't live in New Zealand, and that they're extinct.......

Quote Originally Posted by tt123 View Post
    Is A4 okay for us in Europe?
    Sure.
    tt123 likes this.

-Chris

So I shot my target today. I didn't do real well. But I may not get another chance to shoot this month. So I'm saving my target until I see if I can shoot a better one.
    mamalukino likes this.

-Chris

We have a cold snap coming through and I'm a big pansy, so it's gonna be a bit until I get outside...

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one worried about my shooting abilities these days. When I was out last weekend I wasn't very consistent with my rifle shooting. Temp was about 20 degrees. I'd have a nice little group going and then throw one an inch or more. Good days and not so good days.

Sounds like fun...going to give it a shot and look forward to seeing some of the target results.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ads