March 2017 Monthly Shooting Challenge - Page 3

March 2017 Monthly Shooting Challenge

This is a discussion on March 2017 Monthly Shooting Challenge within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by mamalukino Either bipod or other rest are good to go, as well as a rear bag, per NorCal's post. Supposed to be ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: March 2017 Monthly Shooting Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by mamalukino View Post
    Either bipod or other rest are good to go, as well as a rear bag, per NorCal's post.
    Supposed to be shot prone.
    Thanks Brother. I have bipod but usually use a bag front and back.

..BTW I cannot shoot the air rifle prone......
    I used to say that about the last Air Rifle I owned. It was a BB Gun and I finally learned that if I rolled over on my back I could "cock" it, roll back, and shoot -------prone. Of course that was some 60+ years ago
    ltharley likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deadshot2 View Post
    I used to say that about the last Air Rifle I owned. It was a BB Gun and I finally learned that if I rolled over on my back I could "cock" it, roll back, and shoot -------prone. Of course that was some 60+ years ago
    It isn't a matter of inability, it is a matter of not getting Swatted by Mrs. Nellie Niele (Hawaiian nickname for nosy neighbor).
    ltharley likes this.
    Hidden Content

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

Who would be Free; Themselves must strike the blow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

It isn't a matter of inability, it is a matter of not getting Swatted by Mrs. Nellie Niele (Hawaiian nickname for nosy neighbor).

I have a similar situation but haven't been "swatted" yet. I'll frequently work on a rifle out on my back deck and have a hillside neighbor that can look right down on what I'm doing. Here though our dispatchers will ask the caller, when they call in a "man with a gun" call, what the person is actually doing before they dispatch officers.

Don't know about the laws in Hawaii but here the use of an Air Gun on your own property is perfectly legal. That is as long as you aren't shooting the neighbor's cat or dog that strays onto your property.

Good luck to NorCalFocus when scoring some of these targets.... I'm not sure how he's going to do it!.

Maybe I'll make it easy on him and make sure alot of my shots don't touch each other, you know... Spread them all over the target...

(That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it)
    Last edited by Scratch; 03-05-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    Cliffy, mamalukino and ltharley like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Good luck to NorCalFocus when scoring some of these targets.... I'm not sure how he's going to do it!.

It is going to be tough, especially if trying to get an "X Count" for tie breakers.

Regardless, I'll go with his score. Especially this Month with the prone requirement. Good thing there's no time limit. Maybe I can take a couple days. Shoot a couple shots per day over a week
    ltharley likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Good luck to NorFocus when scoring some of these targets.... I'm not sure how he's going to do it!.

Maybe I'll make it easy on him and make sure alot of my shots don't touch each other, you know... Spread them all over the target...

(That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it)
    It nice to use up more of the target. Don't want to waste paper rights.

Cliffy

Quote Originally Posted by deadshot2 View Post
    I have a similar situation but haven't been "swatted" yet. I'll frequently work on a rifle out on my back deck and have a hillside neighbor that can look right down on what I'm doing. Here though our dispatchers will ask the caller, when they call in a "man with a gun" call, what the person is actually doing before they dispatch officers.

Don't know about the laws in Hawaii but here the use of an Air Gun on your own property is perfectly legal. That is as long as you aren't shooting the neighbor's cat or dog that strays onto your property.
    The use of an air gun is legal as long as the projectile does not leave your property.
    The problem is that any "gun" call is responded to by the police department.
    I have called in to the PD informing them that I was about to shoot an air rifle in my backyard and to disregard Mrs. Noisy's guaranteed subsequent call. I was told they had to respond to the call even knowing who was calling and who was being called on. Some of the police find it humorous (like my cousin's son) but a few have been down right ornery. The time my cousin's son showed up, they had responded quietly and came in from a number of directions. He was the sargent in charge and started laughing when he saw it was me. I didn't think it was so funny.
    I now shoot from a window and side of the house that is obscured from the neighbor's view; the only thing that goes outside is the target.
    ltharley likes this.
    Hidden Content

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

Who would be Free; Themselves must strike the blow.

:-D
    Here s my target for march.
    IMG_20170312_160832~01.jpgIMG_20170312_161143.jpg

First "warm" day of the year. I had big problems with mirage.
    I have no excuse for that flyer but as you can see it touches the line and in a match it would count as 10 so im Ok with it.

Rem 5r , pse stock, timney 510; hornady .308 168gr bthp match factory ammunition.
    Shot prone from bypod and rear bag. 100m

Last edited by :-D; 03-23-2017 at 01:01 AM.

It not my best but I am posting it anyway
    Temp -18 c snowing flat light
    Was getting cold some snow blow over on the shooting mat. By the time I shoot this target I was soaked from the snow on the mat.

20170313_181721.jpg

I pull a few rounds 6.5 creedmoor factory American Eagle 140 gr match

Cliffy
    Scratch, :-D, kcmags and 2 others like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Ads