Sound like fun
This is a discussion on March 2017 Monthly Shooting Challenge within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; So with my work schedule this week, I'm not sure if I can get this up on the first, so you get it two days ...
So with my work schedule this week, I'm not sure if I can get this up on the first, so you get it two days early.
Course of fire:
We're doing a reduced size 600 yard F-Class target this month.
Unlimited sighters off target.
1-15 round string must be shot prone. Mechanical front rest and rear bags are okay.
No time limit, this is up to you to read the wind and make good shots.
1. Shoot as many targets as you'd like. However you can only post one target, per class.
2. All targets must be posted by 11:59pm Pacific time on the last day of the month.
3. You must follow the coarse of fire for that months target. Each target will have a maximum number of shots allowed.
4. Use any rifle that you'd like. Minimum distances are as follows:
a. Airrifle 25 yards
b. Rimfire 50 yards
c. Centerfire 100 yards
5. Be sure to include what rifle, round, position, and distance you've shot the target with in your post. Writing it on the target is fine.
10-9-8-7-6 plus X's. (best possible score is 150 15-X)
So it's just a 15 round group then, right?,
And I'm a little confused by the scoring rings... Never shot competition before...
I get that if you get one shot... Let's say covering the "X" in the very center circle, it means 10 points.
But if you get a shot covering the "10", is that also 10 points?
Shouldn't the "X" be like 11 points...?
Again, never shot competition before so this is probably basic for some of you...
Last edited by Scratch; 02-28-2017 at 05:29 AM.
My old eyes are starting to dislike you..would you mind if I used white out on the 10 ring. LOL
As I understand it anyways.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Prone huh. I better get started early in the day then. Getting down into prone is no problem but it might take me a while to get back up. Range closes at dusk.
99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.
Who would be Free; Themselves must strike the blow.