May 2017 Monthly Shooting Challenge Target

This is a discussion on May 2017 Monthly Shooting Challenge Target within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; NorCalFocus was a little busy and when I asked if there would be a May Target he asked if I could post one on his ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: May 2017 Monthly Shooting Challenge Target

NorCalFocus was a little busy and when I asked if there would be a May Target he asked if I could post one on his behalf.

Since we're mostly Shooting the S*** here and at the range this month we get to shoot the Flies that swarm around it

http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/20012.pdf

Rules:
    1. Shoot as many targets as you'd like. However you can only post one target, per class.
    2. All targets must be posted by 11:59pm Pacific time on the last day of the month.
    3. You must follow the coarse of fire for that months target. Each target will have a maximum number of shots allowed.
    4. Use any rifle that you'd like. Minimum distances are as follows:
    a. Airrifle 25 yards
    b. Rimfire 50 yards
    c. Centerfire 100 yards
    5. Be sure to include what rifle, round, position, and distance you've shot the target with in your post. Writing it on the target is fine.

Scoring:
    One shot per fly.
    One point for every hit anywhere on the fly.. A "Center of Mass" hit (Bullet has to hit each wing and body) = 2 points. Max score =24 points.

Lots of moving around with this one. No shooting across one row, resetting and shooting the next row, so good luck and try to stay out of the "stuff" at the bottom.

Haven't shot at this target yet and am looking forward to it. Good weather is finally in the Forecast.

Scratch and Cliffy like this.

Oh man.... That target stinks!
    007Sniper likes this.

It's to give a chance to those who say they "can't hit crap". Just aim lower but no points for hitting it.
    Scratch and 007Sniper like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks deadshot! Yeah between the kids doing 3 sports, and the end of our fiscal at work I'm swamped. But I'll be sure to get out later this month to shoot.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    Thanks deadshot! Yeah between the kids doing 3 sports, and the end of our fiscal at work I'm swamped. But I'll be sure to get out later this month to shoot.
    Not a problem. Actually, I've had the file for this target quite a while and haven't shot it yet. Great excuse.

Glad to help out. As for the kids and sports, you schedule sounds like my Daughter's used to be. One played baseball, one hockey, one basketball/volleyball/tennis. The kids were quite good at their sports so that meant T-R-A-V-E-L. Lots of it. Two are now in college and last one is a HS Senior. She's starting to get some rest breaks.

If you need to "send up a flare" again, I'm happy to pitch in and I'm sure there are others that have some devious target in mind.

Oh, boy, it's indescribable!!
    Be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    Same here..soccer season for my son and my daughter in dance added to the wife's and my already busy schedule. HAVE to make time for hunting and shooting!

Here we go first target
    Shot with shorten brno #4 4-12 power Redfield revenge SK standard ammo shot @50yds kneeling with bipod

20170513_123645.jpg

It's a tough target

Cliffy
    deadshot2, Scratch and ltharley like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Here we go first target
    Shot with shorten brno #4 4-12 power Redfield revenge SK standard ammo shot @50yds kneeling with bipod

20170513_123645.jpg

It's a tough target

Cliffy
    Now that you've broken the ice perhaps others will take the challenge. I'm planning on doing my best (or worst) on Tuesday.

Going try and shoot center fire this week. I can shoot 22lr from my deck need to go to range for center fire.

Cliffy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads