Need a place for my BDC Chart

This is a discussion on Need a place for my BDC Chart within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I have calculated the BDC chart for my rifle and load but there is no good spot on my rifle stock to tape it. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need a place for my BDC Chart

I have calculated the BDC chart for my rifle and load but there is no good spot on my rifle stock to tape it. I would like to find a good sleeve with a clear plastic slot to slide it in and keep it in my range bag. if anyone has a good product for keeping the BDC cards please give suggestions.

Thanks

This may not be what you are exactly looking for but it works great. search "quarterback forearm play holder" If you are right handed place it on your left forearm and you can see it with out to much trouble and don't have to break your position to read. The only other stuff I have seen used are the flip up cover in-certs which in my humble opinion are impossible to read. Hope this helps.

Sidewinder is what you want.

https://goo.gl/7RcX0C
    Sidewinder Drop Chart Holder - Long Range Shooters Of Utah
    rrc03 likes this.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

That is pretty cool.

I would recommend you call up Relyco and ask them to send you a free 3-pack sample of marine grade adhesive backed white 7.7mil 8.5x11" Revlar. It's a paper replacement you print on through a regular laser printer. I can also print it out for you and send that to you which is often a better idea since my printer is set up to print at the higher temperature that's best for this media. It is 100% waterproof, blood proof, chemical resistant, tear proof. Used as stock stickers, doesn't matter where you put them. They ain't coming off unless you want them to. It's way better than the ol' 3x5 card and packing tape.

here's a video showing the durability:

I can print DOPE tables out on Revlar or adhesive backed Revlar for you and send that via USPS. All I ask in return is that you donate a few bucks to a good 2A supporting charity. I'm also happy to create a custom DOPE table for you similar to that below using my BallisticXLR system. No charge, of course. Just make a donation to your 2a charity of choice. FWIW, I offer custom DOPE tables as a service to all users of BallisticXLR so it's no big deal. See image below for an example. That's an advanced sheet with movers, spin drift and coriolis data as well as wind and drop but I can do a smaller custom dealie for you if you like.

Here's another idea. A "Dope Disk" from Vortrex that fits in the occular lens cover on your scope.

Go to this site DOPE Disks and you can have one custom made for your scope's flip up cover. May not hold as much info as a separate chart may but a lot of essential info will be right there with your rifle no matter what. When the cover's down it's protected from the elements too.

Dope Disk works well but I make my own most of the time and stick it on the side. It has elevation, windage and mover. That's it. It's not the main data card but a quick reference. I make it small enough to fit and then just use a strip of packing tape to hold it on. I change them out before each match depending on location and conditions so I need it to come off easy but it stays on when I need it.

Dope Disk in the Vortex Defender cap.

Quote Originally Posted by rrc03 View Post
    This may not be what you are exactly looking for but it works great. search "quarterback forearm play holder" If you are right handed place it on your left forearm and you can see it with out to much trouble and don't have to break your position to read. The only other stuff I have seen used are the flip up cover in-certs which in my humble opinion are impossible to read. Hope this helps.
    These QB card holders work really well. I got mine on Amazon for about $8). I've used them in coyote hunting scenarios, where you want to stay behind the rifle but don't necessarily want something like a sidewinder sticking off the side (though sidewinder seems to be great for competition application). I just keep the QB card holder in my hunting bag. It's fast, keeps the cards relatively dry (some versions are more water resist than others), and is quick to access.
    rrc03 likes this.
    Tikka T 3 Compact Tactical Rifle, .308 McRees Precision Chassis
    Remington 700 Long Range, 300 WM
    US Optics ER 25
    Certified Newbie
    Hidden Content

The thing about dope cards is that they have to be done for current conditions in order to be accurate at distance. I have seen my 1000 yard ups (308 win) anywhere from 10.4 mils to 9.3 mils depending on conditions. That is enough to miss the target by feet.

If you are going to do a dope card...then you must print one out for the conditions you intend to be shooting in and still realize that conditions might change.

I use a kestrel 5700 elite with AB. It takes the conditions into account and spits out the come ups on the fly. If conditions change...the kestrel will change as well. I used it this week for first round hit at 528 and third round hit at 998. The wind pushed the first two rounds more than I expected. Just shy of 3 mils of wind.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 barrel
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ddd oo7 View Post
    The thing about dope cards is that they have to be done for current conditions in order to be accurate at distance. I have seen my 1000 yard ups (308 win) anywhere from 10.4 mils to 9.3 mils depending on conditions. That is enough to miss the target by feet.

If you are going to do a dope card...then you must print one out for the conditions you intend to be shooting in and still realize that conditions might change.

I use a kestrel 5700 elite with AB. It takes the conditions into account and spits out the come ups on the fly. If conditions change...the kestrel will change as well. I used it this week for first round hit at 528 and third round hit at 998. The wind pushed the first two rounds more than I expected. Just shy of 3 mils of wind.
    This is true and one of the reasons I like the QB holder, because the charts are on index sized cards. So if I'm in a competition with known distances, I can just right them down the night before or even that day for a particular course.
    Tikka T 3 Compact Tactical Rifle, .308 McRees Precision Chassis
    Remington 700 Long Range, 300 WM
    US Optics ER 25
    Certified Newbie
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads