Sniping-101

This is a discussion on Sniping-101 within the Misc. forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hi I am new to this site and have a few questions on sniping 1)I am interested in being a sniper on the millitary could ...

Thread: Sniping-101

Sniping-101

Hi I am new to this site and have a few questions on sniping
    1)I am interested in being a sniper on the millitary could you guys give me any tips on snipping
    2)I own a 303 british hense my name it is from ww2 and i am wondering if you guys have any coments on it
    3)I am woundering if a 2-3 inch grouping(I am pretty sure that is what i get) With a 300 win mag at 300-400 yards is good?
    thank you all for your help

303-british
    it doesnt matter the size of the hole or the power it hits with all that matters is that the target falls

Re: Sniping-101

Quote Originally Posted by 303-british
    1)I am interested in being a sniper on the millitary could you guys give me any tips on snipping
    Yeah, don't worry about it. The military will teach you everything you need to know. Don't try to become a sniper beforehand because your life will be that much harder later on during sniper school. For now, just focus on your basic marksmanship using iron sights, preferably with a basic AR-15 rifle or carbine. How you score with the M16/M4 in Basic/Boot will help determine whether you get slotted for sniper school or not.

In the meantime, since I'm guessing you're still in high school, focus on your studies and get good grades. Get involved in extra-curricular activities, read a lot on your own at home (stuff not required for school), and stay clean with respect to the law. Now is the time to shape up into the good person you'll be for the rest of your life; don't expect it to happen in the military alone. Snipers are intelligent, civic minded gentlemen. Become an intelligent, civic minded gentleman now and if you don't make it to sniper school (there's NO guarantees), you'll still come out ahead in life.

2)I own a 303 british hense my name it is from ww2 and i am wondering if you guys have any coments on it
    If you have an Enfield, it's a good rifle...And a good round overall. A few hundred thousand dead Germans can't be wrong, eh?

3)I am woundering if a 2-3 inch grouping(I am pretty sure that is what i get) With a 300 win mag at 300-400 yards is good?
    Yes, that's quite good. Anything under 1" per 100 yards is pretty good shooting.

Welcome to the forum.

welcome.

you planning on army or marines? ya recoils right. you could be able to shoot 1000 yrds all day before you join and still not help you. you have to stand out to get picked to become a sniper. physical traing and marksmanship. and a cool head will get you alot further.
    US ARMY INFANTRY
    FOLLOW ME!

!!!

Recoil gave you couple of good tips! The best one is
    Don't try to become a sniper beforehand because your life will be that much harder later on during sniper school

If you are talented, the instructors will notice you ..... eventually!!!

slip
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." -- Bruce Lee

Ads