KNS AR front iron sight with duplex crosshair reticle

This is a discussion on KNS AR front iron sight with duplex crosshair reticle within the Off Topic forums, part of the Sniping Related category; So I read a pretty positive review about this product ( http://www.coloradoshooting.org/kns.htm ), but I wanted to see if anyone here has experience with one. ...

KNS AR front iron sight with duplex crosshair reticle

So I read a pretty positive review about this product (http://www.coloradoshooting.org/kns.htm), but I wanted to see if anyone here has experience with one. It's a front sight post for an AR that, well has a crosshair reticle instead of the standard sight post. Here is a pic:

Anybody?
    "So for our country we will bleed"

I tried one out on a friends rifle, to be honest, I couldn't stand it. I like the standard service rifle sights a lot better.

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

http://www.second-amendment.org/

I guess I don't understand the need for it, the standard front post clutters your sight picture less and should be just as accurate if you're comfortable with the rifle.

-matt
    http://www.ordnancesystem.com/
    Ordnance System Designs, Inc.
    Stay tuned for details.

Be worthy of your freedom and of the sacrifice of those who protect it.

Too tacticool for me.

The m4 is a battlerifle. It doesn't need a tuxedo.

Marines have been dropping people at 600 yards on the move with the standard front sight for years. I can't really see a reason to change.

It ain't broke, put down the toolbox. :wink:

-snowy

P.S.

Moved to Off Topic.
    "Veritas Lux Mea"

Certified Super Civvie

Thanks for the opinions guys. I had to ask because it doesn't strike me as something that's necessarily tacticool, I mean if it will make it easier to strike a target without requiring mechanical parts or batteries I'm all for it. But I'll take your comments into consideration
    "So for our country we will bleed"

Too me "tacticool" means dressing up anything that already does its job with some wizz-bang thingy that may or may not actually improve function.

There are guys here that can shoot high speed movers at 200 yards with a bone stock M4. Will this thingy make them better? I doubt it.

Will this thingy help someone who can't shoot for beans shoot high master? Nope...

Will it make you shoot worse if you were in a combat situation and someone hands you a F Marked front sighted AR? Most likely.

That to me qualifies as tacticool.

So for example, putting a fancy flashlight on your AR isn't tacticool if you really are going to use it for your bedside "bump in the night" gun.

If you just want the Rainbow 6 look, that's fine but to me, it's still tacticool.

I know it sounds like I'm slamming the product, I'm not. I've got plenty of tacticool stuff. None of it happens to be on my guns is all.

-snowy
    "Veritas Lux Mea"

Certified Super Civvie

One must also question the sturdiness of thin wire cross hairs sticking out on the front of a combat weapon.

The front sight post is silly. But KNS makes a few very good products. I like their oversized fire-control pins and their non-rotating fire-control pins.

So don't mentally discard all of KNS' products

I am going to side with recoil on this one. It looks to be very thin and that could be a bad thing. I am sure if it failed and push came to shove you could "spray and prey" but I never liked that idea, especially if someone's life depended on it.

I am a huge fan of doing whatever you like as long as it is within the law and hurts no one else, but if there is the slightest chance you will use the rifle to defend yourself or others, I would stick with the thing that has been proven time and time again.
    The difficulty of armed struggle is to make long distances near and make problems into advantages. Sun Tzu

Ads