New California Gun Laws - Page 3

New California Gun Laws

This is a discussion on New California Gun Laws within the Off Topic forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by NorCalFocus As someone who left CA for greener pastures your an idiot if you think taking a job in CA is a ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New California Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    As someone who left CA for greener pastures your an idiot if you think taking a job in CA is a good idea. Sure you might make 100k, but your house will cost you 2-3 times as much, your taxes will be double, gas runs $0.50-$1.00 per gallon more, groceries are about 15-25% higher and your kids will not be able to afford to live on their own. Gun rights is just icing on the cake for me.
    I was about to point out the same. The state of California takes anything extra you make in your paycheck and more.

I'd rather live in a single-wide trailer in the middle of Wyoming working on a job where I counted cow turds all day long than live in CA. Not only that, CA laws and regulations are infectious. Oregon and Washington are getting to be just as bad as the Californians migrate North.
    007Sniper and Skypilot like this.

As someone who left CA for greener pastures your an idiot if you think taking a job in CA is a good idea. Sure you might make 100k, but your house will cost you 2-3 times as much, your taxes will be double, gas runs $0.50-$1.00 per gallon more, groceries are about 15-25% higher and your kids will not be able to afford to live on their own. Gun rights is just icing on the cake for me.
    So I take it that your happy that you moved to Arizona.:-P
    NorCalFocus likes this.

Let's face it. We've been abandoned. It's only a matter of time that all firearms will be banned and NY will follow right after CA.

Well, I left Illinois for about the same reason that NorCalFocus left CA. But I will add the cold winters had little to do it.

It is hard for me to comprehend the utter disgust that those of you living in CA must feel for the intrusions into your lives. I live in SC and the only time I've traveled to CA was for a conference last spring to San Fran. I got to see an Occupy camp and at least 4 people urinating in public were "highlights" of the trip. Breakfast at the hotel for my wife and I ran over $80. Parking for the one night we rented a car ran over $100. The terrain was beautiful, but the overwhelming sense of liberalism made me want to get back to SC as soon as possible.

I'm sure that some would say that SC is backwards compared to CA, but at least we don't have to deal with the state telling us what guns we can or cannot have and how many bullets we can own. Since I have a CCP, I can purchase a pistol and walk of the store with it without having the store run a background check. I'm at a loss for having to wait 10 days to received a purchased firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    So I take it that your happy that you moved to Arizona.:-P
    Love it here. I'm never going back. Only a few other places I would consider living after being here.

Quote Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
    Let's face it. We've been abandoned. It's only a matter of time that all firearms will be banned and NY will follow right after CA.
    Your not abandoned, your out numbered. The last 30 years liberals have been infesting that state and forcing their beliefes down the residents throats.

Quote Originally Posted by scrmblr1982cj8 View Post
    It is hard for me to comprehend the utter disgust that those of you living in CA must feel for the intrusions into your lives. I live in SC and the only time I've traveled to CA was for a conference last spring to San Fran. I got to see an Occupy camp and at least 4 people urinating in public were "highlights" of the trip. Breakfast at the hotel for my wife and I ran over $80. Parking for the one night we rented a car ran over $100. The terrain was beautiful, but the overwhelming sense of liberalism made me want to get back to SC as soon as possible.

I'm sure that some would say that SC is backwards compared to CA, but at least we don't have to deal with the state telling us what guns we can or cannot have and how many bullets we can own. Since I have a CCP, I can purchase a pistol and walk of the store with it without having the store run a background check. I'm at a loss for having to wait 10 days to received a purchased firearm.
    To be fair, SF and LA are completely different than the majority of the state. I hated going to SF for work, did it once or twice a month. But man, go north or stay in the central valley. Some of the most redneck people you'll ever meet.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

Your not abandoned, your out numbered. The last 30 years liberals have been infesting that state and forcing their beliefes down the residents throats.

To be fair, SF and LA are completely different than the majority of the state. I hated going to SF for work, did it once or twice a month. But man, go north or stay in the central valley. Some of the most redneck people you'll ever meet.
    this,

I was pretty much set on leaving when I retired 10 years ago, but, it's hard to leave when your kids start having kids of their own... I love those little guys... not only are they too much fun, but someone has to show 'em how to respect a firearm.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

USAF 1966-1970, SEA 69-70

The down fall for Illinois is Cook County, and they seem to run the state. South of I-80 is working folks who has pride.

I really liked the Illinois countryside and the people when I was there decades ago. Lots of pheasants, cornfields, etc. I believe it was Decatur, and Morris.

Chiraq , didn't like it then and not a fan now.

Spent a year in SF at the Westin St Francis near Market Street and across from Union Square. Nice little cigar shop on Post or Sutton st.

Weird town. Beautiful terrain and great restaurants but weird. Liberal weird. I needed eye bleach to remove some of the scenery.
    Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked. Psalms 82:3-4

Thank god I live in the mountains of East TN. Granted we have lots of Meth heads but other than that its quite nice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ads