New California Gun Laws

New California Gun Laws

This is a discussion on New California Gun Laws within the Off Topic forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I thought I knew most of the parts that will take place starting 01/01/2017, but starting to confuse myself regards the 80% lowers I've made ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New California Gun Laws

New California Gun Laws

I thought I knew most of the parts that will take place starting 01/01/2017, but starting to confuse myself regards the 80% lowers I've made over the couple of years.

As far as the new AR purchase is concerned, that's it. Either we buy before 12/21/2106 or could be forever goodbye. Even for my currently owned ARs, I have to re-register them as Assault Weapons before 01/01/2018.

Now, the tricky part is the lowers I've made at home. Few completed rifles or AR pistols, and still couple more left sitting on my shelf.

Does anyone exactly know what we are supposed to do as far as serializing them or register them?

So the rule of the law is still being written as it has not been put into effect. So what we know right now, could possibly change depending on how the wording is used. The word on the street is that a law suite is going to be brought forth challenging the new laws. That would mean that they would not go into effect right away and it would be up to the courts to decide.

Now you do what you feel is right for you, but if I were still in CA, I would not be registering anything as an RAW. Any manufactured gun has to have a serial number, the city and state is was produced, and caliber marking. Basically whats on a 100% lower you would buy.

The way the law is written (as far as we know right now) is features weapons are not assault weapons and do not need to be registered as such. Evil features include, adjustable/folding stocks, flash hiders, pistols grips, forward vertical grips. So as long as your rifle does not have any of those, it is not an assault weapon by CA law. Now that used to give you the ability to run a standard magazine and no bullet button. That is now gone forever. The new law states no magazines larger than 10 rounders, and your magizine must be fixed to the gun. There is several ways to do that, but basically you make the lower a top lower by undoing the take down pin.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    More homework homework homework...

Thanks. Will do some reading.

For Californians, here's what found to be regards to 80% lowers we've worked on in the past.

Since the new law defines any of AR platform as Assault Weapons, we are to register any currently owned ARs by end of 2017. We know all this....

Now, because all AR platforms are Assault Weapons, that's including homemade ARs and AR pistols. Therefore in order to keep them as AR not one of those dumb ass looking featureless rifles, we need to register them before the end of 2017.

This does not mean we don't need to do anything before end of 2017. We have to make sure our ARs and AR pistols grandfathered in before the end of 2016. Only way to do is fill out the Firearm Ownership Report (BOF 4542A) form to DOJ. Sucks huh? Don't forget to add the CA bullet button to those AR pistols. Now they are assault weapons, need to place the bullet buttons like CA AR rifles.

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/ag...ms/volreg.pdf?

We have two choices. Either register them and make them legal, or keep them for yourself becomes a criminal.

If any one has anything to add or edit, please let me know.

The solution? Build a fence around California. Quarantine the State before their laws infect the entire country.
    007Sniper likes this.

So much for popular vote.mrz111916-color_1_orig.jpg
    Hidden Content

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

Who would be Free; Themselves must strike the blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mamalukino View Post
    So much for popular vote.mrz111916-color_1_orig.jpg
    Those who wrote the Constitution foresaw exactly this issue. This is why we have the Electoral College for selecting our President. Considering the age they lived in they were pretty much in tune with the future.
    mamalukino likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deadshot2 View Post
    Those who wrote the Constitution foresaw exactly this issue. This is why we have the Electoral College for selecting our President. Considering the age they lived in they were pretty much in tune with the future.
    Whiners want the electoral college gone now and if it benefited them in the future they'd want it back. Even with all the shenanigans they still got their collective asses kicked.
    If you take away the illegal alien vote, the felon votes, the multi voters and the rigged votes the bitch lost by about 10 million in the popular vote also.
    Hidden Content

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

Who would be Free; Themselves must strike the blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mamalukino View Post
    Whiners want the electoral college gone now and if it benefited them in the future they'd want it back. Even with all the shenanigans they still got their collective asses kicked.
    If you take away the illegal alien vote, the felon votes, the multi voters and the rigged votes the bitch lost by about 10 million in the popular vote also.
    I wouldn't like to see the EC eliminated but I would like a change. Rather than "winner take all" as most States do, I'd like to see Electors selected by Congressional District. At least that would put some of the say back in the minority party's hands, and coupled with their compatriots in other States that do the winner take all actually elect a President that represents more of the people.

Example, in WA State there are 10 Legislative Districts. 6 vote Democratic (around Seattle, surprise) and the Eastern half of the State 4 vote Republican. Under the current system it's impossible for a Republican candidate to gain any electoral votes.

In California with 53 Congressional Districts, 14 tend to vote Republican yet ALL the California Electors are given to the Democratic candidates who tend to win hands down.

In essence, this change would tend to mirror the makeup of The House of Representatives which may have been what the framers of the Constitution had in mind when they decided to put the election in the hands of the House should any candidate fail to gain the required number of Electoral Votes.

One change that may or may not change any Presidential Election but at least it would make a whole bunch of people feel like their votes mattered.

To put this in the context of a "Gun Related" post, it would have an effect on our gun laws as the President has the last word on what passes or not. He also has a great effect on the Supreme Court which interprets any law passed.
    mamalukino and waveslayer like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads