Are there any good sniper movies?

This is a discussion on Are there any good sniper movies? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Ive seen sniper and sniper2 and enemy at the gates. and i was wondering if there was an other sniper movies out there. i own ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are there any good sniper movies?

Ive seen sniper and sniper2 and enemy at the gates. and i was wondering if there was an other sniper movies out there. i own the movie Shooter and its pretty good but it really wasn't the type of sniper movie that i was looking for. so any suggestions would be great.

Marc

Enemy at the Gates, and Shooter were both entertaining, but they both lacked technical accuracy. Sniper, and Sniper 2 just bombed, I didn't even find much entertainment value in them.

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

http://www.second-amendment.org/

JNA
    well as far as i know thers sniper 3 and shot through the heart. Sniper 3 deals with the same sniper as in 1 and 2 but this time hes in vietnam trying to kill a close friend. And shot through the heart deals with the Yugoslavian Civil war in bosnia, its a bit anti-serb but these days with movies what isnt. Thers also Saviour but that one doesnt deal 2 much with sniping as its about the Yugo Civil war again but the main character played by Dennis Quaid is a French Foreign Legion Sniper fighting for the Bosnian Serbs, it shows the brutality of that war and that all sides committed war crimes, but only the first 20 minutes were sort of sniperish. Hope my comments helped.

+1

im wanting something with Technical Accuracy. like if they made a movie based on the book "Shooter" or "Marine sniper"

NO?

Hey Brother,
    Check out a movie called;

Shot through the Heart
    Respectfully,
    Harry
    It is better to live one day as a lion, then one hundred years as a sheep, Old Roman Proverb.
    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know, Author Unknown.

thanks

It would have been awesome for a Hollywood producer to have made a Sniper film with Carlos Hathcock's assistance and advice on storyline and technical accuracy. I have no problem with a lot of Hollywood storylines, but they all-too-often go way over the top and don't take the extra five minutes to check out if what they are presenting is really accurate to life. The inaccuracies take the fun out of movies for me because they pull you out of the plot to think about what just happened. As for the comparison of the day: The "Sniper" movies are to the shooting world as the "Fast and the Furious" movies are to the automotive world And that's not a good thing

-matt
    http://www.ordnancesystem.com/
    Ordnance System Designs, Inc.
    Stay tuned for details.

Be worthy of your freedom and of the sacrifice of those who protect it.

Well, as many of you have already discovered, there are not many good sniper movies out there that are accurate. The closest I have seen is the movie "Quigley down under", which is not a sniping movie at all, but shows the most accurate portrayal of the effectiveness of a well trained sniper (in this case a long range buffalo hunter).

MEL

I thought "Shooter" was a good movie. Sure it was a little hollywood, but it wasn't near as far off from being technially accurate as the "sniper" seriea was. It had it's flaws but for the most part the equipment was pretty accurate I thought and the details they gave were true. Although i am not a sniper so...

-Andy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads