WHATS THE BEST AND MOST POWERFUL SCOPE?

This is a discussion on WHATS THE BEST AND MOST POWERFUL SCOPE? within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; IVE JUST GOT A NEW RIFLE , AND IM WANTING A POWERFUL SCOPE. IF POSSIBLE WHEN REPLYING LEAVE A LINK TO THE WEBPAGE WITH SCOPE ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WHATS THE BEST AND MOST POWERFUL SCOPE?

IVE JUST GOT A NEW RIFLE , AND IM WANTING A POWERFUL SCOPE. IF POSSIBLE WHEN REPLYING LEAVE A LINK TO THE WEBPAGE WITH SCOPE ON IT WHICH YOU THINK IS THE BEST

I think a Leapers Accushot SWAT will cover all of your needs. It has a whopping 32x magnification, thats enough to get you out to 3500 meters easily. It has mil-dots, target turrets, side focus, multi-coated lens, flip up caps, sunshade, and an illuminated reticle... Fantastic buy for 200 bucks in my book.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP116-57743-1509.html

In all seriousness, you should do a little research and narrow down your choices to a select few. Once you get those make a post looking for addition information. You may want to look into S&B, USO, Zeiss, Hensoldt, Leupold, and a few other major brands that will suit your needs.

We have no idea what your rifle is, so we don't know what your intensions are, hunting, target, sniper challenges etc. More information is required, but narrow down your search first.

-Eric

A lot of folks consider all caps to be shouting. Some folks here will probably give you some guff over it.

Like Eric said,look through some of these posts.You may decide that a super magnification scope doesn't fit your needs as well as a nice clear 10x scope. The trade-off for high mag is smaller field of view and poorer optics in many cases, depending on the size of your wallet.

A scope of high quality, like a Nightforce, Schmidt&Bender,Kahles,Swarovski, or Leupold is going to be well in excess of $1000. Just food for thought.

Jeff
    Jeff passed away on July 17th, 2009, he will be GREATLY missed by everyone here at Sniper Central. Video Thread

" We cannot direct the wind,but we can adjust the sails." -Bertha Calloway

www.second-amendment.org

10X, methinks this isnt all that great past 600 yards, if yeah like I can post pictures through the scope itself at these ranges mention above using 10x.

I like using scopes with 30mm or larger tubes, also ones with side focus knob and target turrets.

Mil-dot usage is great, but Im using a laser range finder.

Im currently using a Custom Shop scope, with 30mm tube, 8-40x56, helpful when your targets are really really small.

Jim

Whats your budget that will help out alot ?

The problem that I've found when looking for scopes with high magnification is that the amount of available adjustment for windage and elevation decreases, I understand the reasons for this, I just wish they'd make the nescessary engineering changes to accomidate the people who buy high magnification scopes, LONG RANGE SHOOTERS! This has been somewhat helped by 30mm tubes but, it's still sometimes not enough. Once you find the power you want for really long range it's hard to find enough adjustment for that range. I guess that's what 20moa bases and flatter shooting calibers are for. Good quality high-maginification 30mm scopes seem to be very expensive! Looking for one that's not expensive? The swfa Super Sniper scope is availabe in non-adjustabe magnifications of 10, 16 and 20! I have one in 10x and it has a rediculous amount of elevation and windage adjustment. The higher power ones surely have less than mine, but I'm sure more than nescessary for 1000+yds. I would only use those (higher than 10X) for target shooting because target accusition at closer ranges would be poor. These are very good scopes but certainly not the best! I'm looking for an adjustable magnification scope with hopefully up to 20X and enough internal adjustment to take my .308 out to 1000yds after zeroing. Here's the link for the Super Sniper: www.swfa.com/c-231-super-sniper-rifle-scopes.aspx

Well the direct answer to your question is US Optics. They produce world class optics and can custom build a scope to your specs. However it is not cheap. This route will cost you $2500 and up. But you will pay for quality. On the other hand for the more budget minded person look at these, they all offer good quality at a better cost (ordered by price, high to low):

Nightforce NXS series
    Leupold Mark 4 Series
    IOR tactical line
    Nikon Tactical line
    Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you.

Sum dominus fati: sed sum princeps meae.

I think you would be better suited buying some good glass as opposed to the highest magnification you can find. I can spot .30 cal holes at 16x with my S&B further than I could a higher power scope with a"lesser" glass. Also, the higher the magnification you go the smaller the field of view you also have. I've got a friend with a Nightforce NXS 12-42x56 for benchrest and mirage is a mother. There have been times when you can hardly make out the target at 1K. Needless to say he is now going with a 22x USO.

You need to decide what you will be using the scope for, a benchrest shooting scope is not designed to hunt with and likewise. Instead of saying you want the most powerful scope you should decide what use it will have and then buy the best "glass" your budget allows not the most powerful. You'll be able to distinguish targets at greater distances with a higher quality glass as opposed to just higher magnification. MY .02......
    They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?

Here's a nice one: http://www.telescopes.com/products/m...ngs-43532.html

Just kidding..... =P
    "Fight for something you believe in and find it for yourself. If you do, pass it on to the future." --Solid Snake

Hey, Frzburn:
    What mounts do you use
    They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads