Millett LRS-1 Illuminated

This is a discussion on Millett LRS-1 Illuminated within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Where can I get one? ive e-mailed every site that says they sell them and no one has one in and doesnt know how long ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Millett LRS-1 Illuminated

Where can I get one? ive e-mailed every site that says they sell them and no one has one in and doesnt know how long it will be.

And do you guys think now that they have been bought buy bushnell that the scopes going to made better... less lemons out there?
    The Millett site has no contact info on it that I could find.

thanks

Ive also been looking at the Hawke Sidewinder 30 8-32x56
    anyone had any luck with Hawke?
    its going on a savage .308 btw

my price range is under 450 bucks

thanks

If you have a model number or what magnification you are looking for I may be able to get you a TRS-1. I just found the 6-25x50 for $440.

I don't believe the LRS with illuminated reticle scopes aren't out yet. The TRS-1 Mil/Mil scopes aren't either.

The LRS scopes are huge & massive. Not good choice if you are going mount it on a smaller rifle like a Rem 700 Tactical.

Here is a Millett LRS I mounted for a customer on a Savage 10 FCP-K. It looks good on the larger Savage rifle. It had a whopping 170 moa elevation & windage adjustment, very positive click turrets, the glass was average middle grade. Very wide field of view, the eye relief is very good and the eye box gets narrow on higher power. The 34mm rings that came with it are OK & acceptable a step below XTR rings. The Butler Creek cap sizes are 16 eye & 51 obj. It's a good scope for the price. I can't see myself buying one because they are just too large for my taste. The TRS-1 would be a better choice.

GC
    ==GUN CONNECTION==
    GUNCONNECT@prtcnet.com

I don't mind the big size of it, that's actually the same gun I have that its going onto.
    The model of the LRS-1 is BK81006 6-25x 1/4 MOA CLICK ILLUMINATED

Im looking for a scope with around that 6-24x56 or 50

any other scope you would recommend? for that same price range?

thanks

I can get the BK81004 6-25x56mm 35mm SF LRS/MATTE/MIL-DOTBAR RET for $425 plus shipping. I know that price is a bit high but they are hard to find.

As for comparable scopes check out Hawke Sport Optics and the Konus M30 line, they are decent scopes and they hit a nice price point. If you find one you like shoot me an email and I'll get you a price.

http://www.konususa.com/
    http://www.hawkeoptics.com/us/

The new TRS-1 is a very decent scope. I think you'll be happy with it.
    Remington 700 VTR .308

Millett TRS-1

Harris and Karsten enhancments
    *I love my VTR, couldn't ask more from a hunting rifle*

thanks guys,

the trs-1 looks nice, I need the zoom though, I like 500-1000 yards

i think ive narrowed it down to 2

Hawke SideWinder 30 8-32x56 with SR12 Reticle

Konus M30 7282 8.5-32x52

If i could find the LRS-1 in illuminated that would be my choice,

I found the Konus on ebay for $299 shipped and other places $330-385, and the Hawke from optics best buy for $439, and other places $420-480 (about)

I just wish I could find reviews for these specific models

It's my guess that the lower cost higher magnification 32x scopes are going to have some problems with glass clarity, very narrow eye box and less eye relief past 24x. There is a lot less moa adjustment with 32x scopes and you will need more moa adjustment for 1000 yard shooting.

The KONUS M30 6.5-25X44 ILLUM/MILDOT is clear glass up to 20x but starts getting a little cloudy after that. I have mounted one before and it's a nice scope for the price.

Just my opinion, I would stay away from the lower cost 32x scopes.

GC
    ==GUN CONNECTION==
    GUNCONNECT@prtcnet.com

thanks

I just wish there was a definite better one of the 3, the price of the M30 is the best price but i don’t like the 1/8 moa adj, the Hawke seems ok but more expensive and no reviews for it, LRS-1 is not illuminated and not to sure about them anymore.
    I don’t care about size this is not my hunting rifle, this is just for fun/sporting long range rifle. Just want it to last and be accurate and have a company to back me up if it goes bad.

My brother just got his Millet LRS-1 in last week. It's the 6-25x56 illuminated mil/mil. It is on the large size but not overwhelming. Honestly, I think its awesome! I had my sites on a Falcon but I may get the LRS-1 myself. The glass was nice, as good as Bushnell, windage and elev- turrets tracked perfectly shooting a box at 100yds. He bought his online for $399.95. Same price as the Falcon I was looking at. The LRS-1 has more elev- and wind travel. I'll ask him the name of the site he ordered from and get back to you if you'd like.
    In the price range your looking at there are Falcon's, Millet LRS-1, and WOtac scopes.

B
    Customized .308 Rem700P / NF 5.5-22x50mm MLR
    .308 Savage 10FP / NF 5.5-22x50mm MLR
    .308 Savage BA / NF 5.5-22x56mm MLR
    .338 lapua mag. Dakota Arms T-76 Longbow / NF 5.5-22x56mm MLR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads