MOA to millirads

MOA to millirads

This is a discussion on MOA to millirads within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hey guys, Just want a quick question answered if at all possible. I am a very novice long range shooter, and have just bought a ...

MOA to millirads

Hey guys, Just want a quick question answered if at all possible. I am a very novice long range shooter, and have just bought a Savage 10FCP .308, EGW 20MOA rail and a 5-25 *56 Falcon scope. According to the FAQ'S that I have been studying, to zero the scope you must turn the reticule down 20MOA, then take off the turret and set it back to zero so you have enough UP. So far so good, my question is how many clicks do I dial down when my turrets are in millirads ?? If there is a formula, It would be a good thing to know as obviously I will need it as I go on. Thanks in advance all who offer there knowledge to me....
    There was a fundamental flaw with the plan, it was bollocks, Edmund Blackadder.

Moa vs Milrad

Hey Johnnyboy.

I looked on Wonders website for the Wotac scopes and the reticle picture says that there is .581 Mils for every 2 MOA. Hope that helps. Right now I am trying to figure out if I want to go with a 1/10 or 1/4 adjustment. I just ordered a Bell and Carlson fully adjustable stock with the wyatts 10 round mag kit. I have a Rem. 700 SPS Tacticool.
    Remember yesterday, but live for today.

Thanks a lot tacticool, just gotta learn how to apply that to my scope... It is not as easy as just putting rounds downrange as with my handguns..J

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

An easy way to get yourself on paper when sighting in your rifle is to set your rifle in a rest, then take the bolt out of the rifle. Look through the inside of the barrel at your target (usually set up around 50 yards away) and line it up accordingly until you have the target centered with the bore. Leave the rifle where it is, and look through your scope. Now you just have to dial the crosshairs onto the target. Recheck the bore to make sure it's still lined up. This should get you on paper at 50 yards without trying to figure out a formula which won't necessarily put you on target anyway.
    Jon

Yeah, I tried that and did not take into account the 20MOA rail, and ran out of UP. So that is the reason for the question.

Re: MOA to millirads

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy
    My question is how many clicks do I dial down when my turrets are in millirads ?? If there is a formula, It would be a good thing to know as obviously I will need it as I go on.
    1 MIL = 3.438 MOA
    1 MIL = 3.6" at 100 yds.

20 MOA = 5.82 MIL

Most turrets are 0.1 MIL clicks.

Thus,

20 MOA = 58 clicks

HOOLIGAN

That's the answer I was looking for too, MOA = 5.82 MIL.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCZ View Post
    HOOLIGAN

That's the answer I was looking for too, MOA = 5.82 MIL.

Cheers
    Dude... after 6 & 1/2 years???

Quote Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
    Dude... after 6 & 1/2 years???
    Patience is a virtue.:smile:

Ads