Need 20MOA picatinny rail for Savage 12 Target series

This is a discussion on Need 20MOA picatinny rail for Savage 12 Target series within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I have my eye on the Savage 12 F Class rifle. Does anyone know if these Savage Target rifles have 20 MOA Picatinny rails available ...

Need 20MOA picatinny rail for Savage 12 Target series

I have my eye on the Savage 12 F Class rifle. Does anyone know if these Savage Target rifles have 20 MOA Picatinny rails available for them and if so who makes them. These rails are so hard to find for ANYTHING but the Rems. And sometimes the mfgs do wierd things to SOME models. No one I talked to at Savage seemed to know for sure.

EGW

Go to Midway and search for EGW. Once their offerings come up, add "Savage" to the included words.

Yup. Midway has a bunch of them. Wish I knew which ones the 12 F Class took: round rear or flat rear? I know it IS a short action.

Man, they really need to get a handle on this scope base situation. There are way too many exceptions!

Quote Originally Posted by sniperaviator
    Yup. Midway has a bunch of them. Wish I knew which ones the 12 F Class took: round rear or flat rear? I know it IS a short action.

Man, they really need to get a handle on this scope base situation. There are way too many exceptions!
    Look at the back of your rifle where the rear base sits. If it is flat it will take the flat base. If it is round it will take the round base.
    John

1.Humans are more important than Hardware.

2.Quality is better than Quantity.

3.Special Operations Forces cannot be mass produced.

4.Competent Special Operations Forces cannot be created after emergencies occur.

EGW is the way to go.

Stay away from Ferrel. Usually good gear, but really, really bad customer service. I had an issue with a ferrel base, and Ken Ferrel said he'd replace it. I sent the bad one, and still no new one, and he won't reply to my emails. That was almost 3 months ago.
    Molon Labe!
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Range Master (head armorer and lead firearms instructor)
    AR15/M16, Remington 700 and Glock Armorer
    Savage bolt & Remington rimfire fan

Yes, well I was hoping to figure out where to get the base BEFORE I bought the rifle. There are some issues. For example the Savage 12 Benchrest is dual port. I bet that affects things.

When you buy a rifle, you buy a rifle/mount/scope package. It is a system and it has to work together.

Are any of the Savage bolt guns in centerfire "flat rear"? or are they all "round rear" now?

Quote Originally Posted by sniperaviator
    Are any of the Savage bolt guns in centerfire "flat rear"? or are they all "round rear" now?
    If you go to the Savage web site and look at their model 12 rifles, you'll see that ALL of them are round rear, including the dual port.

Regardless, considering that EGW makes both flat and round receiver 20 MOA bases, buy the Savage of your choice and the correct base for it.

The EGW site is very helpful.

I bought a 20 MOA base for a Savage MKII. There are two size ejection ports on the MKIIs and the EGW site made it very clear which one I needed.
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

AU
    EGW are cheap and good.

Ads