S&B H2CMR reticle pic

This is a discussion on S&B H2CMR reticle pic within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Well my S&B 5-25x56 came in last Friday just before leaving for the BHTC match so i finally got to mounting it today and while ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

S&B H2CMR reticle pic

Well my S&B 5-25x56 came in last Friday just before leaving for the BHTC match so i finally got to mounting it today and while the outside looks like any other 5-25x the reticle is the new H2CMR and I figured I would take a pic for those wanting to see it. Warning....I suck at through the scope pics so don't hold it against the scope as the pic was taken out of focus through a screen at my neighbors house LOL When I get to the range to zero I will try to take some at 400 yards on the steel the same as I did for the P4F to compare them.

Some reticle info:
    The hollow dots are 1 mil
    the horizontal hashmarks are .2 mils
    The larger vertical hashmarks are .5 mils
    Between 2 and 3 mils vertical there are .1 mil marks
    Lines out on the heavier duplex are 1 mil
    Also the whole reticle out to the heavier duplex(5 mils) illuminates.

Re: S&B H2CMR reticle pic

Really cool reticle. I like how the horizontal line looks like a helix,Sick.

~Reagan
    "There is a very thin line between being Brave and being Stupid.",~R.Reagan

does it get complicated trying to remember what line means what? It seems like that reticle has a lot

Only looked through it a few times but nothing seems too hard to remember. Don't think it will be a problem in use.

It wouldn't be hard to figure out if you "forgot". Its like reading a tape measure. Remember dots are mils....then all the others are incremental lines between mils.
    Kamrad Tylov

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

If you can't accurately mil a target with that reticle .... I don't think you ever could ...

That is a pretty slick reticle ... any idea why the quartered half mil is in the middle of the vertical stadia, between 2 and 3 mils holding high and low, and not the top or bottom?

Is this the reticle that is going to be in the DOD contracted scopes?

The H2CMR will be used in the Navy's version of the PSR scope.

No idea why the reticle designers decided to break it down to .1 mils between the 2 and 3 mil marks but it's as usable there for ranging as top or bottom. I agree that this reticle will make miling a target much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob01
    No idea why the reticle designers decided to break it down to .1 mils between the 2 and 3 mil marks but it's as usable there for ranging as top or bottom. I agree that this reticle will make miling a target much easier.
    Yah the .1 reference points will make it very easy ... have seen that before at the ends of the stadia but never in the middle like that. The only down side is quick holds that fall in the 2 - 3 mil range might take a double check. Like all reticles ... once you use it a bit and get it memorized ... will work great. Having the mil dots hollow makes full mil reference easy. The more I look at it the more I like it. You can tell it was designed for the the Mil-Relation formula users ... Think what guys like Hatchcock could have done with this optic ....

Sorry it took so long but I finally got out to zero my 5-25x with the H2CMR and took some pics on 25, 20, 15, 10 and 5x. The overall appearance of the reticle is basically the same as the P4F as far as thickness. It's a very usable reticle and even down to 5x as you can see from the pics. The dots help to make it easier to see.

I will go down from 25x to 5x showing the H2CMR first and then the P4F pic so you can compare. It's out to 400 yards and the round steel is 8" for anyone who didn't see the other pictures. And again don't hold the image against the scope as I suck at taking through the scope pics.

25x

20x

Didn't have a pic of P4F at 20x

15x

10x

5x

My 3-20 will have the H2CMR in it
    NOMAD
    8541 3/6,STA 3/2 STA,
    Fast CO.,MCSFTCO CQB Section
    www.teamblaster.net, www.impactdatabooks.com