Nikon M-308

This is a discussion on Nikon M-308 within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I just ordered Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC800 for my Remington 700 .308. I was wondering if anyone here has this scope how they like it....

Thread: Nikon M-308

Nikon M-308

I just ordered Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC800 for my Remington 700 .308. I was wondering if anyone here has this scope how they like it.

Re: Nikon M-308

Also interested in this scope for a Remington 700P. I looked at the M-223 today and the circles for the 200-600 yard marks are very small. I think I would go with the Nikonplex and the pre calibrated turret.
    Jacobite

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobite
    Also interested in this scope for a Remington 700P. I looked at the M-223 today and the circles for the 200-600 yard marks are very small. I think I would go with the Nikonplex and the pre calibrated turret.
    Jacobite
    I just put one of thoseM-223s on a Ruger SR-556 AR and like it very well. Iím not shooting past 200yds so far, both me and the gun would have trouble. They both come with a one piece mount to fit picatinny. I donít think the Nikoplex comes with the mount which is about $100 by itself. I have no experience with the Nikoplex, the M-223 is the first Nikon Iíve owned.

Will probably work decent as long as you use 168 grain ammo that its "calibrated" for. Conditions will always be a variable that can skew things and on the Nikon site I was unable to find what barrel length / velocity they "calibrated" it for. Just keep some data on your results at various ranges and you should be gtg. Would be interested to hear how repeatable the scopes are after 6 months of cranking on those turrents and if they come back to zero.

Slight delay on the delivery of the Nikon M-308 4-16 Scopes guys. Just found out today that delivery has ben pushed back now until Aug.
    I did get to play with one for a bit at Shot Show and I can honestly say everyone I showed it to who likes the .308 said they are getting one with a Rapid Action Turret. Dial out to 800 yards!

Wish I could say it was going to be a late June launch as we expected but no......
    I have to wait just like everyone else to get my hands on one, here's to patience!
    Bart
    Nikon Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by bman940
    Slight delay on the delivery of the Nikon M-308 4-16 Scopes guys. Just found out today that delivery has ben pushed back now until Aug.
    I did get to play with one for a bit at Shot Show and I can honestly say everyone I showed it to who likes the .308 said they are getting one with a Rapid Action Turret. Dial out to 800 yards!

Wish I could say it was going to be a late June launch as we expected but no......
    I have to wait just like everyone else to get my hands on one, here's to patience!
    Thanks for the information; dang! Meanwhile I guess Iíll take a Bushnell Elite 4200 off DPMS LR-308 and put it on the Remington to see what it does. It might be just as well; the M-308 would probably be as happy on the DPMS. Shooting them side by side reminds me how easy to get a good sight picture in the Nikon and how much harder it is with the Bushnell. Could be the Bushnell might work on the 700 better then LRÖÖ.

I feel your pain, I hate not being able to do what I want to because we can't get product. I'm putting the first 1 on my DPMS LR-308 and hopefully another one day on a T/C Icon .308. Both are way more accurate then I am. That T/C is easily .75 or less MOA right out of the box and that DPMS is not much different. I've used the DPMS on a couple of Agriculture deer thinning hunts here in Tx. It is a heavy beast so not having to haul it around to much is nice. DPMS is coming out with a new lighter .308 deer rifle, can't wait to test it out! Might be the perfect match for the Nikon M-223 Laser IRT Rangfinder/Scope with BDC Reticle.
    Bart
    Nikon Pro Staff

Ads