Zero Lock

Zero Lock

This is a discussion on Zero Lock within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Can Anyone point me in the direction of a good Scope with zero lock/stop having a hard time finding one....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sulcop

Thread: Zero Lock

Zero Lock

Can Anyone point me in the direction of a good Scope with zero lock/stop having a hard time finding one.

What price range, magnification, etc?

In the mid-range, some of the Vortex PST scopes have a zero stop.
    Graham Smith, SFC, US Army (Ret)
    "There's no right way to do the wrong thing."
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett"

Anyway, so what are the advantages to a Zero Locking/Resetting Scope? Again forgive me if this sounds like a really stupid question, because I can see how it might. I ask because I'm just not sure of the advantage, as the new scope I just got has this feature.......

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Banned
    You are welcome

Another Premier guy sticking it all in our faces... lol
    exsimguy1 likes this.

NF zero stops are very good, the Premier and March are the best and the Vortex PST is on for a lower price option. The value is being able to return to zero without looking at the turret so your back at your zero and then can make adjustments again from your base point. Although not a make or break feature for most shooting I find it to be an excellent feature and is on the higher end of my needs/wants list.

Sully

Just to clarify, are we talking about zero stop, or locking turret? They are two entirely different features. If it's zero stop you're asking about, then please continue to read.

Quote Originally Posted by sulcop View Post
    NF zero stops are very good
    Depends heavily on model doesn't it? Define good.

As in works all the time? Sure, but who's doesn't? The NSX line certainly doesn't come to mind as having an easy to use zero stop. You have to pull the turret, and index 4 uber-tiny screws, all covered in grease. Not exactly my idea of a good time.

Other designs are much better. Vortex PST zero stop isn't what I'd call good either. Remove turret and jack around with shims... yuck. However, in it's price point, that scope is still a leader due to it having that feature.

Kahles, S&B, and others where you loosen the hex screws in the cap, and then turn the cap without having to remove it, is a much better design. Still needs a tool though, and it doesn't "click" while you are doing this, so you've got to be careful to line up the turret markings precisely. Some can be finicky in that regard.

Premier tactical scopes on the other hand, you simply flip a lever, no tool required, and you maintain your clicks! In my opinion it is by far the best zero stop mechanism I've seen to date. I love everything about the turrets on the Premier's.

Oh, and thanks for the support Gminor!
    Last edited by Orkan; 08-07-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Yes Premier is the best and March from what I have read also have a good system. The NF is very good because although a bit of a PIA compared to the Premier provides a excellent and solid reference. I may have to go in and reset the zero stop 4-5 times a year so I don't mind it that much, but agree 100% that it would be much better to flip a lever. Oh, and Greg your the king Premier snob, lol. All kidding aside I will have a Premier soon, just selling off other goodies to afford it.

Sully

Ads