Nightforce Beast vs U.S. Optics

This is a discussion on Nightforce Beast vs U.S. Optics within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; which scope is better. I can find both for the same price, but who has the better glass? I would prefer input for those who ...

Nightforce Beast vs U.S. Optics

which scope is better. I can find both for the same price, but who has the better glass?

I would prefer input for those who actually have the scopes in question.

Nighforce Beast 5-25x56

U.S. Optics 5-25x58

Thanks

To my knowledge no one other then Lowlight over at snipershide and a few others have had any time with the Beast. The release date has been pushed back several times and the scope will not field till later this month. After that you must give it field usage time in order to get a good baseline so I would reserve a strong opinion on wide dispersion field use over a year. With that said there is nothing to indicate that this NF offering will be anything less then the super high quality that the NXS, F1 and ATACR are. I have both a USO and the ATACR and love both. The USO has a lower profile smaller objective then the ATACR with both having excellent internals, tracking etc. There is enough about both to get a good idea on quality etc. I am using the ATACR as a reference because the Beast will have the same glass and the ATACR glass is EXCELLENT, about the best I have looked through. Other then that the Beast will be its own animal with a ton more features and options so ask yourself, "do i need all the options offered?....." The USO also has nice options but not to the extent the Beast, and understand the Beast is something ground breaking so how will the "new" features hold up? There is also a big price jump. I can get a excellent quality used USO with all the options I want for around $2200-$2500 but the Beast will run about 1K more. Look at what your needs are and see if you even need the USO, you may be better off with a Bushy or NF NXS or even a Vortex depending on use.

Sully

I'd encourage you to give the Premier 5-25 a look. Give me a call if you have any questions.

Primal Rights ? Primal Rights -- Premier Reticles - Tactical & Light Tactical

Thank you both for the input. I will take these suggestions in consideration

Ads