Vortex or Nightforce? - Page 5

Vortex or Nightforce?

This is a discussion on Vortex or Nightforce? within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by hseII The turrets didn't match the reticle: turrets were MOA and the reticle was MIL. ouch, bad mistake!...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Vortex or Nightforce?

Quote Originally Posted by hseII View Post
    The turrets didn't match the reticle: turrets were MOA and the reticle was MIL.
    ouch, bad mistake!

The Bushnell XRS is a really good scope if you have not seen them.....worth a look....

Quote Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
    ouch, bad mistake!
    It was a wash in the end.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Here's 2 articles that may help you out. That said, I own 3 NF NXS 3.5-15x56 Zerostop scopes and it's been the best money I've ever spent!

Tactical Scopes: Field Test Results Summary & Overall Scores | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

Best Tactical Scopes ? What The Pros Use | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

Yeah I take those PRB tests with a grain of salt and they can be used for a small part of a decision but I wouldn't use them as a final decision.

Hard to beat the Nightforce NXS series if you have the coin. I had my NXS mounted on a rifle the fell out of my crowed safe onto a concrete floor. Not a single issue with it afterwards .
    hseII likes this.

I would think the NF NXS scope line would be best for a person wanting to move a scope from rifle to rifle, having the odd heavy recoiling rifle in the mix.
    I dislike 3.54"/90mm eye relief and think some pricey scopes like NF sells such as the ATACR should be tasked with 4 inch eye relief. I have never had an
    issue with a scope kissing my eye, but have been at matches where it has been not so fun for some guys.

My son one day, while shooting his Tikka T3 Lite in 300WSM with a Zeiss scope had a warning he will not forget while shooting at a target on a slight incline.
    He has pretty much decided to get an NF NXS or a SIII Sightron with 3.9+ inches of eye relief. It was not so much of an issue while just paper punching
    off the bench, but for hunting things like technique can be forgotten briefly.

I would think the NF NXS scope line with decent eye relief closer to 3.8 plus inches would be best for a person wanting to move a scope from rifle to rifle, having the odd heavy recoiling rifle in the mix.
    I dislike 3.54"/90mm eye relief and think some pricey scopes like NF sells such as the ATACR should be tasked with 4 inch eye relief. I have never had an
    issue with a scope kissing my eye, but have been at matches where it has been not so fun for some guys.

My son one day, while shooting his Tikka T3 Lite in 300WSM with a Zeiss scope had a warning he will not forget while shooting at a target on a slight incline.
    He has pretty much decided to get an NF NXS or a SIII Sightron with 3.9+ inches of eye relief. It was not so much of an issue while just paper punching
    off the bench, but for hunting, things like technique can be forgotten briefly.

Excellent choice. The Night Force 8X32X56 w/NP-R2 reticle is what we use... 1760yds...no problem. Mounted on Burris Signature High Z rings with 20 MOA lift sitting on a "G Force" Pic rail with an additional 20 MOA lift. Excellent when it comes to "snap shooting" depending on what you use for your "zero" at range.

Bravo2....out

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Ads