Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

Nightforce Competition Rifle Scope

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  scrmblr1982cj8 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have an NXS that has been great. The model you linked has more magnification and is lighter in weight. Both can be a be a benefit or a problem, depending on your intended use. If you need a "Tactical" scope that will hold up under rough use, the lighter construction may be a detriment. Will the 55 X magnification be a benefit or just make the mirage worse? If you need better light gathering capabilities will the 52mm Objective be enough or would you be better off with a 56mm?

Determine your needs first and then evaluate the scope against them.

#4 ·
If just bench target shooting why not look at a Sightron SIIISS1050X60LRFCH. A nice 60X magnification for the old eyes (like mine) and a price that's quite a bit less than the NF. Has a nice, relatively fine, competition type reticle and it's non-illuminated. List price is $1350 but I'm sure the "street price" is less at places like Optic's Planet, Amazon, etc. I've seen prices in the $900 range.

Lots of Benchrest Shooters have been using the Sightron for years. Many claim the glass is extremely good for the money. I have friend who has one and can;t seem to find anything wrong with it for his Bench Target shooting.

#6 ·
The Competition is an excellent scope. If you want to save a few dollars, there are a few of the 2013 versions out there. The differences are that the 2013s have thicker reticles, 5MOA/rev non-ZeroStop turrets, and were offered in black or silver.

Everyone I've shot with that has one uses the FCR-1 in the 2014 version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.