athlon argos 6x24x50?

athlon argos 6x24x50?

This is a discussion on athlon argos 6x24x50? within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; ive been looking at some different scopes in the 350-400$ range and the athlon seems to be a fairly nice scope with really good reviews. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: athlon argos 6x24x50?

athlon argos 6x24x50?

ive been looking at some different scopes in the 350-400$ range and the athlon seems to be a fairly nice scope with really good reviews. was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them?

Save your money and get to $700. At least then you can get a SWFA 3-15 FFP or a lower end Vortex Viper.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

I have the Argos 6-24x50 on my AR 223 varmint/target rifle. I think for the price and feature set, it can't be beat. The eye box gets a little tight at the higher magnifications, but otherwise I am very happy with it and plan on buying another Athlon for a budget 308 build I am contemplating. I expect that the glass wouldn't perform as well as some more expensive brands in low light conditions, but I really like the christmas tree reticle, zoom range and that it is an FFP scope.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

im gonna try one on my new savage 10T, i also looked at the midas 4.7x27x50 seems like a really nice scope but its not ffp, and alittle more exspensive.

I have contacted (PMed) a number of owners of these Athlon Argos 6-24X50 scopes and have not had 1 regret their purchase.
    It seems Athlon is doing what Vortex did a few years back.
    I can remember the same hesitation directed towards Vortex's line up.
    Hard to beat for the price if it delivers dependable turrets, clear glass and durability.
    Excellent warranty if the company survives.
    Hidden Content

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

Who would be Free; Themselves must strike the blow.

I needed a scope for my .223 for our rifle clubs annual Christmas lunch and shoot . I picked up one of these Athlon scopes after contacting a number of folks that had bought and used the scopes. Somehow I had bent the tube on my SS 12X travelling (FUBAR) and needed a quick and inexpensive replacement.
    I was not expecting much, I was hoping that I could use up to 16 power and that I could use my DOPE. I was pleasantly surprised. The glass is pretty darn good even at 24 power. I put the scope on my rifle and zeroed and won the "know your limit" shoot at 100 yards, shooting all targets from largest to the smallest. I used my DOPE established with the SS to take first round hits on targets from 312 to 570 yards.
    The turrets are a bit mushy, just need to pay attention when dialing. (I'm going to a fix rhyno430 showed me on those that was posted on snipers hide.) The elevation turret does give me audible as well as tactile response, but the windage was quiet and soft.
    The eye box at the higher powers is pretty tight and compels proper eye alignment.
    The parallax adjustment is tight but not too tight and the power ring was smooth and not too tight either. Both moved when you wanted them to and stayed where you put them.
    In comparing this scope to a PST 4-16 I once owned I would give the glass on the Athlon a better rating, much better at the above 12x settings and the PST had better turrets.
    Only time will tell how this scope will hold up, but for the price they are hard to beat.
    They have a similar warranty to Vortex; time will tell if they have the service response as well.
    Hidden Content

read tracking can be iffy

Quote Originally Posted by infidel305 View Post
    read tracking can be iffy
    Mine tracked fine. I have only one day and 100 rounds thru the rifle with this scope on it, so take that into account.
    I will continue to update with any issues.
    I have not read anything about the tracking being iffy, perhaps you can share the article you read that in.
    If there comes a time that the tracking goes south on this scope I will definitely be evaluating the CS and warranty of Athlon.
    The biggest complaint I see is the mushy turret feel, which is supposedly fixed by using a lighter less sticky grease on the orings.
    The elevation on mine is fine but the windage is effected, just need to pay attention. I will be trying the oring grease fix and see if that improves anything.
    At the price these are selling for I am very happy with the overall performance and expected much less than what I received.
    PM some of the members that have them, I am sure they will be happy give you the straight poop on the scope.
    Hidden Content

I just purchased one to go on my new .308 I bought that will be a long range toy. From the reviews I have seen on youtube they have high quality glass that is as clear if not more clear than Vortex. The turrets have audible tactile clicks , only complaint I have heard is the windage turret can be a little squishy. And the scope tracks well for the price point. I will post a review of mine when I get it on the rifle this week and get some time at the range with it. For a $320 FFP 6-24x50 it seems like a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mamalukino View Post
    Mine tracked fine. I have only one day and 100 rounds thru the rifle with this scope on it, so take that into account.
    I will continue to update with any issues.
    I have not read anything about the tracking being iffy, perhaps you can share the article you read that in.
    If there comes a time that the tracking goes south on this scope I will definitely be evaluating the CS and warranty of Athlon.
    The biggest complaint I see is the mushy turret feel, which is supposedly fixed by using a lighter less sticky grease on the orings.
    The elevation on mine is fine but the windage is effected, just need to pay attention. I will be trying the oring grease fix and see if that improves anything.
    At the price these are selling for I am very happy with the overall performance and expected much less than what I received.
    PM some of the members that have them, I am sure they will be happy give you the straight poop on the scope.
    honestly i read stuff from so many various places that I cant pinpoint where i read it.
    Last edited by infidel305; 12-21-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads