Need your experience.. - Page 2

Need your experience..

This is a discussion on Need your experience.. within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by ddd oo7 I would love to see pics of the Leupold. It very well may be legit...but I have never heard of ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need your experience..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd oo7 View Post
    I would love to see pics of the Leupold. It very well may be legit...but I have never heard of a Mark 3 and I cannot find anything in a search about a mark 3.
    Now i`m confused!! I have taken pictures and before i post it on here, i went to amazon to see if they got any.. Is it possible that the glass he gave me Worth more than 2 000.00$??
    On top of it, it`s not a Mark 3 but a Mark 4.. But still, i cant see the difference when i look trough this optic and the Visionking......IMG_0086.JPGIMG_0087.JPGIMG_0089.JPG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    Can you get Vortex or SWFA locally? Check out those brands and see what you can get. Those are the best two budget brands I think.

On the Luepold, call them and ask them if the serial number is one of theirs.
    Vortex is PROHIBITIVE in price.. The lowest i have looked at was 890.00$ cnd and dont have the locking turrets and rated at only 3-9 i think.. I will search more into the optics aviability to see what i can have in the mid range price and match a rifle to the scope i intended to buy.. I know from reading around sites that the optic is the base to develop around.. The fact that i am far away from big center is what cause the rarity of optics aviable to me..

There's a big chance it's a Chinese knockoff. I don't think I ever saw this particular Mark 4 model. The magnification range and the objective lens size will give away. However, your uncle probably have known about it when he purchased it.

Several years ago, some Chinese companies where selling replica of ACOG, Leupold, and S&M etc, online. Most of people who purchased them know what they were getting and were just curious to see if they actually work or not. Nowadays, nobody really waste their money on them.

Quote Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
    There's a big chance it's a Chinese knockoff. I don't think I ever saw this particular Mark 4 model. The magnification range and the objective lens size will give away. However, your uncle probably have known about it when he purchased it.

Several years ago, some Chinese companies where selling replica of ACOG, Leupold, and S&M etc, online. Most of people who purchased them know what they were getting and were just curious to see if they actually work or not. Nowadays, nobody really waste their money on them.
    Can still get the knockoffs, the website Wish.com has a lot of high end named optic counterfits. The big giveaway is offering green and red illuminated reticle on scopes like a Mark 4 ER/T

Rem 700p .308 26"
    Vortex Gen 2 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C Mrad
    HS Precision stock
    Rem 700sps Tac .308 20"
    Magpul Hunter 700 with DBM
    Waiting on optics
    Rem 700sps .308 26"
    BC A3 stock with Wyatte DBM

Banned

Thanks guys!! Now i know for sure i dont have a suitable optic to start with.. I will read more post to see what i can find in other post that will be aviable to me here.. I still like the idea of lockable turrets my visionking got.. Will go deeper in my search and sit on the sidelines keep my hearing on the subject.. Many thanks for your help

Looking at some real vs knockoff scopes, real leapolds have the elevation numbers horizontally, the knockoffs seen to have the numbers on their sides when viewed from a proper cheek weld.

Rem 700p .308 26"
    HS Precision stock
    Rem 700sps Tac .308 20"
    Magpul Hunter 700 with DBM
    Waiting on optics
    Rem 700sps .308 26"
    BC A3 stock with Wyatte DBM

Banned

There is the exact same model but with the price to match with.. LOL https://www.amazon.ca/Leupold-Mark-8...=leupold+scope

Administrator
    Ehm.

Orkan?
    NRA Service Rifle High Master
    President's Hundred
    US Distinguished Rifleman Badge
    NRA Silhouette AA

Last edited by mamalukino; 12-13-2016 at 07:41 PM.
    Hidden Content

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

Who would be Free; Themselves must strike the blow.

Banned
    Thanks for the links.. I see more détails in the Armlist ad and can compare to see the similitude with the scope i got.. Sideway numbers on the elevation turret is a good indication that mine is a pale immitation.. Maybe that`s why i dont see any difference in clarity betwen the Leupold and the Visionking.. Thanks guy.. I`ll put this one on my Mossberg 802.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ads