Need your experience..

Need your experience..

This is a discussion on Need your experience.. within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I have 2 Visionking scope and i have a UTG plus a Leupold that i received as an heritage from my uncle.. I try to ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need your experience..

Banned

Need your experience..

I have 2 Visionking scope and i have a UTG plus a Leupold that i received as an heritage from my uncle.. I try to know where the Visionking would situated in the glass category because i`m colorblind and i see no difference in glass quality betwen the Visionking and the Leupold.. Can someone shine the light on this please.. Thanks.

Visionking is on the lowest level of price. Something you might find sealed in a plastic container and hanging on a hook at Walmart, etc. Some of their models sell for under $100. Ask yourself how good the glass could be at that price level and likewise for all the other internals. The Leupold is the better "brand" but the fact you can't tell the difference in glass might indicate that it's one of their entry level models.

Leupold is a still a good brand, but they're way behind in technology from other modern brand scopes. Like deadshoot said if your looking through a VX1 its not a ton better than the Visionking. Also most scopes look great on a bright sunny day, looking at a 100 yard target. When its over cast and your trying to pick out detail of a target at 500+ yards is when you'll really see the difference. Because your color blind you think your not seeing a clear picture, but its not color your looking for, its resolution. How clear and detailed is the target? How sharp are the edges.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    Leupold is a still a good brand, but they're way behind in technology from other modern brand scopes. Like deadshoot said if your looking through a VX1 its not a ton better than the Visionking. Also most scopes look great on a bright sunny day, looking at a 100 yard target. When its over cast and your trying to pick out detail of a target at 500+ yards is when you'll really see the difference. Because your color blind you think your not seeing a clear picture, but its not color your looking for, its resolution. How clear and detailed is the target? How sharp are the edges.
    Thanks guys!! The Leupold is a Mark3 3-9X40 but i just entering in this unknown territory that is the long range shooting.. My eyes are not so good, i`m 48 years old and and to me, this can be interesting.. I dont want to spend 1000.00$ us because when it crosses the borders it can turn quickly over 1500.00$ cdn.. Before i decided witch rifle i will buy for this project, i want to know if the optics i got could fit a 1000.00$ rifle.. I`m considering the Howa 1500 since there is a retailer at my place.. But could any of the optics i have could fit the task of complementing this rifle????

If your leupold is a mark 3 then it is probably a counterfeit. If it is a vx3 then it is on the upper end of leupolds glass, but still won't have target turrets.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 barrel
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by grand-galop View Post
    Thanks guys!! The Leupold is a Mark3 3-9X40 but i just entering in this unknown territory that is the long range shooting.. My eyes are not so good, i`m 48 years old and and to me, this can be interesting.. I dont want to spend 1000.00$ us because when it crosses the borders it can turn quickly over 1500.00$ cdn.. Before i decided witch rifle i will buy for this project, i want to know if the optics i got could fit a 1000.00$ rifle.. I`m considering the Howa 1500 since there is a retailer at my place.. But could any of the optics i have could fit the task of complementing this rifle????
    How close are you to the border? Have it shipped to someone you know just south of the border, drive across and pick it up.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    How close are you to the border? Have it shipped to someone you know just south of the border, drive across and pick it up.
    I`m 10 hours away from the US borders.. I live in a small town NNW in Québec.. I have dealth with us transactions with the solar equipement and dont want anything to do with ordering outside the country..So... Any of the glass i got now would fit the Howa or do i aim for a lower budjet rifle and spared some change for a decent optic like a Nikon prostaff??? I can get a Prostaff 5 XR 3.5-14X40 around 630$ at a local gun shop... I know it`s not the TOP NOTCH pet glass that is the most discussed here but because i`m colour blind, i think that could make it suitable to mastered the foundamentals of shooting long distance..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd oo7 View Post
    If your leupold is a mark 3 then it is probably a counterfeit. If it is a vx3 then it is on the upper end of leupolds glass, but still won't have target turrets.
    So>> You think my uncle has bought a counterfeit??? I dont have any receip or proof of transaction from him.. That would be embarassing to him if i can prouve he bought a counterfeit...

Need your experience..

Can you get Vortex or SWFA locally? Check out those brands and see what you can get. Those are the best two budget brands I think.

On the Luepold, call them and ask them if the serial number is one of theirs.

-Chris

I would love to see pics of the Leupold. It very well may be legit...but I have never heard of a Mark 3 and I cannot find anything in a search about a mark 3.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 barrel
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads