Leupold VX-2 vs Vortex Diamondback HP

This is a discussion on Leupold VX-2 vs Vortex Diamondback HP within the Optics forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Cant decide on a scope for my AR 308 build. Im going back and forth between a Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm and a Vortex Diamondback HP ...

Poll: Leupold VX-2 vs Vortex Diamondback HP

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blwebster

Thread: Leupold VX-2 vs Vortex Diamondback HP

Cant decide on a scope for my AR 308 build. Im going back and forth between a Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm and a Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42mm. Will the side parallax adjustment justify picking the Vortex over the Leupold or is the side parallax adjustment not as important? Rifle will be used for target shooting paper and steel targets at ranges from 50 yds all the way out to 600 yds. Barrel is 18" long with a medium length gas system.

Yes, you will want the ability to adjust parallax

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NovaHunter; 05-14-2017 at 08:40 AM.

Everything about the Vortex is better. Larger zoom range, slightly larger objective, and of course parallax adjustment.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Also the Leupold you mention will not track well at all.

One point regarding the Vortex scopes I found in their Questions and Answers section:

All of the Razor, PST, and any of the illuminated V-Brite Crossfire riflescopes have etched glass reticles. All their other scopes have wire reticles.

I pretty much prefer the glass etched ones after my son's Diamondback reticles broke while shooting his Tikka T3 Lite in 300WSM.
    Last edited by blwebster; 05-14-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    NorCalFocus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blwebster View Post
    Also the Leupold you mention will not track well at all.

One point regarding the Vortex scopes I found in their Questions and Answers section:

All of the Razor, PST, and any of the illuminated V-Brite Crossfire riflescopes have etched glass reticles. All their other scopes have wire reticles.

I pretty much prefer the glass etched ones after my son's Diamondback reticles broke while shooting his Tikka T3 Lite in 300WSM.
    Great advice there.

OP, not sure what you were going to spend on the HD Diamondback, but Camera Land had the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 on sale.for $320. That's scope has better turrets and tracking, a 30mm tube and the glass etched reticle that blwebster was talking about.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    Great advice there.

OP, not sure what you were going to spend on the HD Diamondback, but Camera Land had the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 on sale.for $320. That's scope has better turrets and tracking, a 30mm tube and the glass etched reticle that blwebster was talking about.
    I would but I already have a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 on my Remington 700

Quote Originally Posted by xRelentlessXx View Post
    I would but I already have a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 on my Remington 700
    You don't want two? LOL

-Chris

Ads