Rifle Test - Patriot Arms, Inc.

This is a discussion on Rifle Test - Patriot Arms, Inc. within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; Mel - How about a test run on Jered Joplin's handiwork (the guy loves his .308s). His rifles have been in a few of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rifle Test - Patriot Arms, Inc.

Mel - How about a test run on Jered Joplin's handiwork (the guy loves his .308s). His rifles have been in a few of the magazines lately, including one with an 18 inch supressed barrel that shot lights out at Fort Benning (I think it was Benning anyway). Check him out in the April edition of "Special Weapons."

Lately I've been trying to buy off the shelf versions for review, kind of keeps the reviews more ligit, but Patriot Arms stuff is a bit rich for sniper central. I'll see what they might be willing to do for a T&E rifle.

MEL

You are correct - his rifles are a bit pricey. Supposedly they shoot lights out.

I can bring it up with Jered if it might help. He is rebarreling my 700 PSS as we speak. Let me know. I don't want to step on anyone's toes.
    1976-1980
    2/2 Echo, 2/2 STA, 3/9 STA, SCAMP

Sure, go ahead and run it by him, see what he might have to say.

MEL

Mel

I have good news and bad news. The good news (at least from my perspective) is that Jered is interested in having you demo one of his "standard" sniper rifles.

The bad news is that he is virtually out of inventory, having sold nearly everything in his shop following the recent SHOT show in Vegas. Plus, he is working like a dog to finish work for people like me (he is rebarreling my PSS). I know he has several rifles posted on his site as being "for sale", but I do not know if he considers any of them his standard sniper.
    1976-1980

Newest bad news update on the Partiot Arms Inc. rifle review.

Charlie Cutright (SP?) writer for Precision Shooting or Precision Rifle magazine (one of the two) was testing the Patriot Arms Inc. rifle that Jered was going to ship to you for your review and test. The good and the bad news is that Mr. Cutright decided he liked that rifle enough that he wanted to keep it for his personal rifle.

This is getting pretty funny and sad all at the same time. Jered said he was going to drop you a line directly (I gave him your email address) to discuss the timing for your rifle review, among other issues.
    1976-1980

Yes, Jared contacted me. We are making arrangements to have a rifle sent out when complete.

MEL

Mel

New Update on teh Patriot ARms demo rifle. I just got an email from Jered, and he is going to give a discount to people from this site who elect to buy a rifle from him after your demo.

Well done and you haven't even put a shot through it yet.

JeffVN
    1976-1980

Heh... yes, we are currently working on the details. I didn't want to say anything until it was all worked out. Oh well!

MEL

oops - this would have been a keep your trap shut event. ops:
    1976-1980

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads