Savage 10 FCP-K

This is a discussion on Savage 10 FCP-K within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; Originally Posted by Red Monkey If you need a muzzle break to 'reduce recoil' on a .308 rifle you need to go to a lighter ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage 10 FCP-K

Re: Savage 10 FCP-K

Quote Originally Posted by Red Monkey
    If you need a muzzle break to 'reduce recoil' on a .308 rifle you need to go to a lighter caliber. Recoil from the .308 in an 8-10 lb rifle is not much more than the 5.56 from a light weight AR-15. Especially with the nice soft recoil pad Savage offers on the M-10 PC.
    Just my .02 worth.
    the gun itself is pretty light for a .308, weighing just under 9 lbs, and any shooter would know a lighter gun means more kick but with the addition of the muzzle break it changes it from a kick to an slow push, because of this i am able to keep my sight pic on target at 200 meters at 14x with some practice, when i shoot my friends 10 fp it has a noticeable difference in recoil, it takes much longer to recover from shot to shot. So my reply to re monkey, not saying you said anything wrong or anything, with the "reduced recoil" i'm able to hold my sight picture, and recover much faster than with my friends.

my drill was 4 shots into a 1.4 inch group in under 10 seconds at 200 meter, so for me the muzzle break helps in such situations

I notice the nice fluted barrel in the picture... Is that the standard offering ? or an upgrade?

Is it in a standard "Accustock" or Tupperware stock as many call it? I had fine luck with my 12FV in the tupperware stock despite it's terrible flex but it seems a shame to put such a fine barreled action into such a sub-par stock.

I have a new 10 FCP-K in .308 and when I was installing a EGW 20 moa HD one piece scope base I found that the top of the action wasn't true.
    I then took a straight edge and confirmed it was the action and not the base.
    In order to make the base lay nice and flat on the action I had to take JB weld and bed the front portion of the base The action isn't off much but just enough that the base needed about a 64th of a inch thick of bedding material to make it lay flat.
    I am just wanting to get your experiences with scope base installation on these rifles as in my research it seems that it is not uncommon to have to bed scope bases to these rifles.

I really don't want to have to send my 10 FCP-K back to Savage unless my rifle is the rare odd ball that has this issue.
    What do you guys think ?
    Thanks

JCOP Red Hill Afgahnistan, (Sioux City, Iowa)

I purchased a savage from a friend a few weeks ago and he really didn't have any idea on what model it was just that it was a 10fcp. I have been looking and this is the closest one but I do not have the muzzle break on it. It is a tan accu stock with the heavy flutted barrel, could you get the 10 fcp-k with out the muzzle break? Thanks for all the help will post pictures later on if need.

JCOP Red Hill Afgahnistan, (Sioux City, Iowa)

I am pretty new to bolt action rifles so I hope you don't mind me asking how you would go about finding out what type of action it has, what the hole spacing is and is there any way to tell if its an accu stock with out pulling the barrel and action off?

I believe it is when I use a flash light and look down under the barrel I can see a peice of silver, does that mean its an accu stock?

Thank you for the help,

And just an fyi I found out it was a "Mod 10FCPS Desert Tan (AT)"

Hello everyone, new to the forums here, and just picked up my Savage 10 FCP-K .308 today. Is there any one specific scope base that works better on this gun? I purchased a Weaver scope base for it today and when I put it on, the action would not move, so I loosened the screws out and It freed up a little, but was really stiff and hard to work the action, If I remove the base, it all works great! and the front barrel side screw hole is to shallow for any of the screws to fit in it.. I feel like a retard not being able to make this thing work with 4 screws... Any ideas or tips you guys might be able to lend me? Also, are there torque values recommended for those screws? Hoping to get this lined out soon.. My trigger finger has been itching like crazy ever since I ordered this gun!

...Depper...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads