Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

Help with choosing a bi pod for my 308

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  superman1216 
#1 ·
Hi I'm new to this and I'm really enjoying it thus far. So basically I wanted some advice On a good bi pod. I have seen the ones that the legs adjust and flip both forward and backwards but I have been able to find it and I wanted some advice first, thanks !

#4 ·
I just picked up a Harris, 416-002-223WB S-LM, 9-13" Bipod from Brownells. I would recommend that you get the "S" version. This has got a pivot so you can keep square on target. The only down side is it costs 25-30% more. Other options are height? 6"-9" and 9"-13" are pretty standard but they go all the way up to 27". The one I picked up uses a QD swivel stud. If you have this stud on the bottom of your rifle it will bolt on in under a minute, and hold tight. I was very impressed with this product. I hope this helped you in your search.

#5 ·
You may want to consider weather you are primarily shooting from a bench or prone . I saw a reply to a post
on SC suggesting 6-9 inch for benchand 9-13 for prone . Can anyone confirm this ?

#6 ·
I can, in my experience the 9-13 is to high for the bench and the 6-9 a little to low for the prone position at least for me. What ever Harris you get make sure you get the swivel model. I like the non notched legs because you can adjust each leg independently depending on the land contour or wether the bench is level of not. However the bipod I like above all others is the Atlas bipod. Worth every penny it cost.

#9 ·
Harris does not make the blackhawk bipods. They are similar, but the blackhawk is just made to look like a Harris.

If you ever try an atlas you will be spoiled. The clamp model can be had for about $220. It is higher than harris, but not by much. Harris is $105. Podlock is $25. If you also want to use the harris on an ar you need a rail adapter $50

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.