Exporting Rifles? - Page 3

Exporting Rifles?

This is a discussion on Exporting Rifles? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; You guys need to open your eyes a little. There is gunsmiths here in Australia who can build you what ever you want, and for ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You guys need to open your eyes a little.

There is gunsmiths here in Australia who can build you what ever you want, and for a good price.

The smith I use is not expensive, and his quality is as good as any other smith world wide.

I have three benchrest rifles built, Diamondback, Stolle, and Lawton actions.

I have one tactical complete, and another two on their way. All using Stiller TAC actions.

Have a look at these for a brake down of prices!

Stiller TAC30 action- $1500AUS
    Manners T2A stock- $800AUS thats fully optioned
    Barrel- $900AUS chambered
    Trigger- Jewell $275AUS
    Badger M5, $450AUS

There is $3925AUS, for a world class top component rifle.

Just Saturday at Little River, in comp I was lucky enough to put down a 1.823" 5 shot group at 500m, and if any of you have shot at Little River, you will know why thats important. Accurate rifles can be built in Oz.

For importing, so on a $3000US rifle, you add $300US for export permit etc, another $300US for GST when it arrives, now do you have to add the actual shipping cost? You have now just made a $3000US rifle into a $4000AUS on, and that pending shipping cost. In that shipping cost, you also have to buy a airline approved case.......

I had a look at the Surgeon website, a new custom rifle if going to be a little more than $3000US...

Now, I understand, if there is a rifle that is unique, and you are wanting it, then importin it is the only way if it is overseas. But for importing a rifle that can be built here, for around the same price.......

To sum up, there is more than a handful of gunsmiths here in Australia that build great rifles. Look around!

Cheers
    AI

Hey AI

I know what you are saying and i actually do have a smith here in Victoria who is doing some work on two of my rifles right now.

My reason for getting US Built rifles had nothing to do with the lack of availability in Aus. When i see something i really like and really want i dont let something like international borders stop me. I still would have bought the TacOps and LOSOK if they lived next door to me. I simply love their work!

As an Importer/Exporter, I relish the notion of getting paid for the equipment. I truly savor the client who wants me to ship them a rifle COD.

I also enjoy the feeling when I receive a rifle from "X" country, no paperwork attached, and I get a visit from some boys in suits who apparently studied proctology prior to their current career choice.

Oh the joys of import/export!

Its just easier to handle the shipping for someone else and stay in the middle, some times.
    “Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. The one that wins is the one I feed the most.â€

Hey guys i was just reading this and i would like to know if you guys can give me the contact details of the gunsmiths you use in vic it would be much appreciated i have been looking around but some of the work that i have needed to be done i have just gone ahead and done it my self but a good smith would be very helpful for when it comes time for me to build the rifle i want
    .Honor Bound To Defend
    courage come from within.

I contacted Questar last week to see if they could ship me some AR15 magazines, and they said they don't ship outside of North America :?
    British Army 1997 - 2003

im looking at getting a x bolt in 22-250 in because olin dont bring them in. ive spent hours on the net trying to find a decent exporter that wont charge me the earth to do it.
    CZ 452 American .22LR
    CZ 452 .22LR
    Remington 700 VTR .308
    coming soon browning x bolt .223

Sorry guys, have not looked at this thread for a while.

hkpete who did you speak to at Questar? The latest riofle just arrived, no problems at all.

Jonesy, PM me for details of smiths.

Re: Exporting Rifles?

?????

Are the trolls back?

Greetings from the emerald isle.Been looking at some of the packages mel has to offer and he sent me this link.Just wondering how difficult it would be to get a rifle from mel to over here in Ireland? Has anybody ever heard of this happening before?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ads