Exporting Rifles?

Exporting Rifles?

This is a discussion on Exporting Rifles? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hey Admins, can we get this Stickied? Hi all, I want to come on here and let you all know that for anyone looking at ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exporting Rifles?

Hey Admins, can we get this Stickied?

Hi all, I want to come on here and let you all know that for anyone looking at shipping a rifle out of the States, be sure to contact Sean at Questar International

He is a total professional operator and has been absolutely fantastic. As some of you are aware, I am from Australia and the first time I tried getting a rifle from the States, it just didn’t happen. It was going through another exporter who had some issues and anyway, long story short, rifle is gone now

Therefore, as they say, once bitten twice shy, I was really nervous when it came to getting my Tac Ops and LOSOK here once they were complete. Mike R put me onto Sean and the difference in service and delivery has been night and day!

Sean clearly explained everything I need to know about the regulations and procedures required to get a rifle out of the States. He told me what I needed to say and do to make it all work. A couple weeks ago I sent him my paperwork from here and he submitted it with a wait time of upto 6 weeks before the State Department approval came through.

Well…………………..two weeks later and I get this email whilst sitting here at work on this Friday afternoon

[b][i]“Danny, the export permit is approved.................

Anyway, good news huh? They got it done real quick for us, that is excellant. See...there is no such thing as being too thorough!!! )

Thank you

Excellent Danny, there's plenty of custom rifles I'd love to buy, but finding an exporter has been a real problem. Maybe one day now I can get a Tac Ops
    British Army 1997 - 2003

HI Pete ,

As you live in the UK , you have NO need to ever want to import a SWS , as 2 of the best are available in the UK , namely the AI AW series & the OLD Parker Hale M85 series , both these rifles run 10rd , double feed posn mags , and have long tunions to properly support heavy barrels , almost all other rifle actions DONOT have these features at all .

Mate , just BE HAPPY , you have access to both of these fine Rifles .

Later Chris

I know what you mean Chris, I'd do anything to have an AI, I just don't have £3k lying around It'll be first on my list if I do though
    British Army 1997 - 2003

Hi Pete ,

2 things , One alot of the custom guns in the US are very close to the AI in price , and they are NOT a AI AW in their wet dreams .

Two , you may get the chance at a cheap 2nd hand one , from HMS , it appears that they are going to replace all the AI rifles in 308 , namely , the PM & AWs in service with a 338LM SWS , probably the AWSM .

Later Chris

How much roughly are we talking to get a gun into aust?

You are looking at roughly $250 - $300USD of which $200 odd is the fee to get the permits.

Then whatever your dealer here charges to go collect the rifle from Customs.

There is no duty on rifles here however you will have to pay GST so if you are looking at a generic rifle that is really easy to get in AUS i would not recomment importing it.

If you want a custom built rifle or a hard to find one, then by all means go for it.

i'm glad our brother's down under have access to some of the nicer firearm's available.happy shootin!!
    If you don't wanna hear the truth spoken,stay far away from me

Just out of curiosity Danny did you look into having a custom build done locally? Or was the lure of a Tac Ops too strong to even bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Nath
    Just out of curiosity Danny did you look into having a custom build done locally? Or was the lure of a Tac Ops too strong to even bother?
    I wanted the best and in my opinion that was TacOps so that is where i went.

I wanted a Mauser and in my opinion the best person that built those was Mark so that is where i went.

The only Mob i found locally that made really nice sticks had no prrof of accuracy but a price tag of $7K - $8K.

I am not against geting anything here it would be much easier that is for sure but i have yet to find anyone that can make something i want that is as good or better. There was a mob up North that made 338LM and .50's so i called them. The police shut them down for the dumbest reason! They had a timber floor and apparently someone could break some bricks, crawl under the floor, break through it and get all the tools to crack the huge safes :roll:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads