JP LRP-07

This is a discussion on JP LRP-07 within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Gents: I just ordered a JP LRP-07 in .308 ( http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.5.php ), was tempted to get same in .260, but barrel life, hand loading, etc. ...

Thread: JP LRP-07

JP LRP-07

Gents:

I just ordered a JP LRP-07 in .308 (http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.5.php), was tempted to get same in .260, but barrel life, hand loading, etc. concerns got the better of me. My particular build has the following specs: 1) JP fire control system (that's JP's way of saying nice trigger), 2) JP adjustable Gas block, 24'' heavy barrel, 3) Magpul adjustable stock and 4) PSG-1 style grip (just looks neat). Admittedly, it was somewhat of an impulse purchase. I have been searching for an accurate semi-auto .30 cal platform, as I have my fair share of bolt guns at this time, and came down to a few choices in .308: (1) DPMS LR-308, (2) SR-25 or (3) Armalite AR-10. I was just about to place the order for the DPMS, but stumbled across the JP platform, and like a kid in a candy store placed an order within the hour. Based on the specs, it seems like it has all features one might upgrade other ARs with, right out of the box, and some that are unique to JP. The SR-25 is almost impossible to find (build times are north of 1 year) and is a full $1000 (at least) more in price for a comparably equipped rifle (I'm not a soldier, just an enthusiast), the DPMS after you add all the upgrades brings you pretty close in price (but wanted something a little less in the "me too" category), and the AR-10 did not appeal to me on several levels (which I don't want to get into in this thread). I don't want to waste anyone's time praising or bashing the other platforms, as they all have their pros and cons. I'm just trying to see if anyone has had any experience with this new rifle, or has even seen an independent write-up? Although I trust JP, as with any other manufacturer, I'd like to see what someone not on their payroll has to say about the product.

You'll have to post some pics when you take delivery of it.

Jeff
    Jeff passed away on July 17th, 2009, he will be GREATLY missed by everyone here at Sniper Central. Video Thread

" We cannot direct the wind,but we can adjust the sails." -Bertha Calloway

www.second-amendment.org

Thanks Jeff will definitely post some pics and a little review. Still haven't found much of anything in the way of reviews. The only post I found was a guy who does not seem to have shot it, and now he's in between jobs and putting it up for sale (but will not take a haircut on pricing - I can sympathize). Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.

Wow i've never come across the JP Rifles. I like them alot.

JP Rifles

I looked at the same rifles you did including the JP and some others. I narrowed my choice down to the JP or a Patriot Ordnance Factory, but the lack of info on the JP kept me away and the guys at a local gunstore spoke highly of the POF. In the end I ordered a POF P-308-20. I'm sure you'll be happy with the JP, but would be interested in getting an update once you receive the rifle.

Haven't heard a bad word about JP, let us know when you pick her up.

-matt
    http://www.ordnancesystem.com/
    Ordnance System Designs, Inc.
    Stay tuned for details.

Be worthy of your freedom and of the sacrifice of those who protect it.

I really like the Patriot Arms rifle. Does it use the same gas piston system as the HK? Looks like one hell of an AR (if you can call it that anymore)! Please let us know how she shoots (would love to see a pic of a nice group). The Patriot looks like it was meant to go off to fight bad guys in hurry - a true black rifle. Good shooting mates!

- Akula

I don't know about the HK, but I think I read that the Patriot uses a modified FN style piston system. Interestingly, I read that HK is now working on a piston AR in .308 too.

Ads