Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

Remington 700P in WSM!

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Harley 
#1 ·
Talked to one of my contacts @ Remington today and he said that there will more than likely be 700P's chambered in 300wsm before the year is over. He said it is not concrete yet but there is alot of discussion that he feels will result in production! :shock:

#3 ·
The cartridge has its merits, but I personally don't have any use for it. I agree though, its amazing how fast and how well its been accepted. I guess theres truth in the thought that with enough advertising, you can sell anything. Winchester pushed pretty hard for acceptance of the WSMs when they first came out, and now its paying off. Good for them.

#5 ·
Might save you a pound or so on the action / bolt... but other than that i dont see the point. It was designed as a hunting caliber... wich it does great at. Since the caliber is shorter than the .300 Win Mag it can fit in a short action. Thus... lowering the weight of the rifle. But... not to many people are looking for a .300 WSM in a tactical rifle since .300 Win Mag match grade ammo is factory loaded... seems like it would do good with 175 / 190 SMK's though.

BC

#6 ·
I guess the big benefit is 300win mag ballistics without having to deal with a belted case. I really believe that the combination of awesome ballistics and great potential for accuracy will take this cartridge to the one day level of maybe the 30-06 or other greats. :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.