CDI Pre. VS. Badger Ord. Seekings Pre. Detachable Magazine

This is a discussion on CDI Pre. VS. Badger Ord. Seekings Pre. Detachable Magazine within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Question is, who builds the better detachable Mag and trigger guard? Your input will be greatly appreciated!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question is, who builds the better detachable Mag and trigger guard?

Your input will be greatly appreciated!

Don't forget about Surgeon's new short action unit.

I have the Badger and couldn't be happier. Can't testify to the others but it would be hard to beat. They take my handloads at 2.900" easily and no feed problems. They come with the pillars and make bedding a snap.

So Badger is easy to install and it wont lock up on you?

Not sure what you mean "lock up" but It feeds perfectly and is built like a tank. Whatever stock you use will need significant inletting to accept the Badger. If you haven't done much of that you might want a gunsmith to do it.

I was refering to the "feed" but, you just make it clear to me.
    I am taking your word and buying it, taking it to a gunsmith, i really dont want to mess with something i dont know about.

What do you think of their scope base?

They are all good bottom metals, you just need to figure out what features you are looking for.

I own Badger, CDI, and I have a Surgeon on route right now.(All of which use the same magazines) I saw the Seekins bottom metal, but I don't own it.

For me, I am not going to pick up the Seekins version. I already have a ton of AICS mags, so I am not going to switch to a new system that uses different mags. It is very well made, and if would consider it if I didn't have so much invested in AICS mag types.

The Badger is nice, but I don't like how far down the mag release hangs off the bottom. For me, that is a weak point in the design.

CDI is well made, but the mag release is still the same design as Badgers, so it is not my favorite. Of course it is the only one out there for Mauser type actions.

I haven't used the Surgeon, but I really like the design. I like the mag release much better, and I also like how the front of the mag well drops down below the stock. I like how you can grip the magwell if needed and not put force on the mag. This seems useful for unsupported shooting.

These are just my opinions. You need to figure out what you are looking for. They are all well made.

John

got the seekins, tried a badger liked it also just not as much as glenns unit

Since we are talking about the Badger DBM (M-5). Does the M-5 only fit the Remington action, Or can you get one to fit a Savage too? Sorry if I got off topic, but I have been curious about it.
    -Scott
    USMC Veteran
    Semper Fi Till I Die

To all my fallen brothers you will not be forgotten

I have 5 Badger units and they work great. I like the longer mag release as it makes it easy to find and change mags faster. That said I have never, knock on wood, had a mag drop at a match accidentally by having something hit the release. Now that I said it I am sure at my next match i will LOL

That said the Seekins and Surgeon are also very good units. Seekins is supposed to be having a set up made for AICS mags coming out.

Also the Badger is just for Remingtons but there are other units out there for Savage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads