Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

WTK: DPMS LR-308 ... Love and hate...

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  POGO57 
#1 ·
Just put one on layaway, it has 24" stainless steel, pretty much standard. Reason I ask because I found one locally with very good deal! I have no idea how does she shoot. This is the first time I buy an AR btw.

I like the one Mel did the review but the price was way too high for my budget, this one is way much cheaper even cheaper than the dpms website price.
http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/firearm.aspx?id=14

Teach me...
Thanks a lot everyone

#2 ·
HEY

Hey, in my opinion you cant get much better then a DPMS (besides mike r news AR)lol.

I have a DPMS lr-308 with a 27inch stainless fluted barrel with muzzle brake and i love mine. Its super accurate and is a nice rifle to shoot. If you found a good deal i would jump on it. There great guns and worth the money.

good luck.

stephen

#4 ·
hey

For that price i would pick it up. I bet you will not be disappointed. I wish i had more time to shoot it haha. And remember, its not a .223 so dont go all out shooting it. You want to save some money. lol. But hey deff get it and put it to good use.

Let us all know how she is.

stephen

#5 ·
Sounds like the same one you have Aix,

Mine is the Classic and I love it so much I'm trying to come up with the funds to buy another one. You'll love it, I have shot quite a few of them in addition to my own, they were all sub MOA.

Rigger

#8 ·
My DPMS at the range. Still trying to find out which brand of ammo she likes. Black Hill 168gr is the best so far. I did a lil tiny .5 MOA look alike group at 100 yards with it.

Sorry, no range report yet.

#9 ·
DPMS LR-308 24" SS Barrel, Tubb's CWS and buffer spring, RRA NM Trigger with Tubb's CS trigger and hammer springs. Just mounted a Burris 3-12x Xtreme Tactical Scope with Warne rings.

Regularly shoot .4" and sometimes less with 175SMK and 41.5gr TAC.

I'm a happy guy!!!!! :lol: :lol:

#10 ·
Mate, .4 is good from a semi-auto I think. How do you like the Burris scope on it?

#11 ·
In those pics, the burris looks clearer then the Leupold. Thanks for that mate. How does the xtreme tactical 3-12x go. Are they good and clear?

#12 ·
Quick said:
Mate, .4 is good from a semi-auto I think. How do you like the Burris scope on it?
Well I just started using it and have only one range session with it so far but I really like it. IMO it's at least as good as my Leupy Mark 4 and maybe better. The range session had our usual gray sky and liquid sunshine up here in the Pacific Northwest but I was amazed at how bright and clear things were.

The one 'complaint' that some people have that the whole turret rotates when you change powers has never bothered me. I've got enough room that the scope caps don't get in the way or have to be moved.

BTW I used High rings and they fit me just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.