1903 Springfield Sniper questions

This is a discussion on 1903 Springfield Sniper questions within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; HI All, I have an old '03 springfield my grandpa gave me when he died. It was made in 1938 and was sporterized by him ...

1903 Springfield Sniper questions

HI All,

I have an old '03 springfield my grandpa gave me when he died. It was made in 1938 and was sporterized by him and has a weaver K4 4x from the prewar era on it.

The stock may have not been made for the '03 because it has a large gash/chip right behind the bolt handle when it is in the down positon. It looks like the first shot that was fired from the new stock took a big chunk out of it.

Anyway, I want to turn it into the old wwII style '03 sniper. I see that boyds carries the stock that is necessary, but they don't carry the small metal parts that keep the two peices toghether. I am sure I can find those little parts.

Has anyone done this before? Does anyone have an '03 sniper?

This is what I want to turn it into:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... S%26sa%3DN

Or:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _sight.jpg

I think Mark at LOSOK has done a few of these. Might give you some tips or do the work. Not quite sure what his status is but everyone raves about how good his work is.
    You thought I've been joking but you'll be sorry when the Star Cruisers arrive!

Ya, and if you get in touch with him, tell him to respond to my email :x :x

Cabelas carries a lot of the stocks in their shooting catalog and I was able to pick up one from the Dundee, MI store last year for our 03. The stock just had to be finished but it turned out amazing. Check this guy out too for info...A friend of mine bought from him before.

http://oldguns.net/catacc.htm

I agree with POGO. Mark has done several of those rifles in the configuration you are wanting. He can at the very least point you in the right direction. If you decide you want him to do the work for you don't get in hurry. He is buried under rifles right now and his extremely busy.

Reddog it seems you issues should be taken up in private and especially NOT in this thread. I understand your frustration but have you tried calling Mark? I spoke with him today. It seems a phone call or two would resolve your issues.
    Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you.

Sum dominus fati: sed sum princeps meae.

NUMRICH gun parts is a great place to buy stocks and parts with exploded views as well. Im currently rebuilding 5 remington 03-A3's for the local Nat. Guard (HonorGuard) you can also find parts in e bay if your a patient man. Be advised there are many band and stock parts variations so stick to one model, and be picky about your wood too!, there are many "conditions" issues with used stocks, the new ones are much nicer.
    If its a fair fight, you didnt prepare well enough.

Ads