krieger barrel upgrade on remington 700 ??

This is a discussion on krieger barrel upgrade on remington 700 ?? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I am having my Remington 700 shiped to a gunsmith (merlins gunworks, Gruning Percision) in SoCal from an out of state dealer, they will blueprint ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

krieger barrel upgrade on remington 700 ??

I am having my Remington 700 shiped to a gunsmith (merlins gunworks, Gruning Percision) in SoCal from an out of state dealer, they will blueprint the action and muzzle brake for around $800.00 wich sounds great they also stated that sometimes the Remington barrels are OK but they like to replace them with a Krieger barrel for around $700. The Gunsmith stated that I may want to try out the remington barrel 1st. Any thoughts on the Krieger barrel as a replacement?

How does it shoot currently?
    How many rounds do you have down the tube?

It is brand new I just bought it online from Ables Ammo in Tx, I bought the sps varmit with the intention of making some upgrades, and the Gunsmith was the lowest price to recieve out of state guns into CA

Dont bother with the local gunsmith... Just send the whole thing to Krieger and have them do everything... You will probably save money, it will just take a few months.
    Smooth is fast
    Fast is economy of motion

How do I contact Krieger? Do they do good work?

I would shoot the gun first to see what it's capable of. Some off the shelf Remingtons shoot very well. If you want to get the action blueprinted, go ahead,but I'd wait for the muzzle brake work until you shoot it. You might be paying for a barrel you don't need. I have a 700V from the 1980's that shoots .5 MOA. There was no need to replace that barrel. It has 1200+ rounds through it and still shoots great. It is currently being used on a tactical team. No sense spending a lot of money if you don't need to.

Here's Krieger's information.

http://www.kriegerbarrels.com/
    NRA Lifer/ 2nd bn. 23 rd Marines (res). 0351 AT/ Assault. "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,hoping it will eat him last ". Winston Churchill

http://www.kriegerbarrels.com/Contact_U ... wp2532.htm

Awesome work!!! And if you have them do everything it should cut costs... It should be around $800 for everything....
    Smooth is fast
    Fast is economy of motion

I would shoot the gun first to see what it's capable of. Some off the shelf Remingtons shoot very well. If you want to get the action blueprinted, go ahead,but I'd wait for the muzzle brake work until you shoot it. You might be paying for a barrel you don't need. I have a 700V from the 1980's that shoots .5 MOA. There was no need to replace that barrel. It has 1200+ rounds through it and still shoots great. It is currently being used on a tactical team. No sense spending a lot of money if you don't need to.

Here's Krieger's information.

http://www.kriegerbarrels.com/
    NRA Lifer/ 2nd bn. 23 rd Marines (res). 0351 AT/ Assault. "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,hoping it will eat him last ". Winston Churchill

That SoCal smith is pretty expensive IMO.

I'd shoot it first and then send it to Kreiger if I wasn't satisfied.

Kreiger is and EXCELLENT company and most likely much better than the 'smith as well as being less expensive.
    You thought I've been joking but you'll be sorry when the Star Cruisers arrive!

Krieger is backed up 7 months and Id really like to get it done all in one shot. I may just try out the riffle 1st but just in case is there anywhere else you would recomend or any other replacement barrel you would prefer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads