Mauser bolt and other questions.

This is a discussion on Mauser bolt and other questions. within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I have built up a custom Mauser on a Yugo 24/47 action. My problem is, though the rifle is slick as snot, the bolt is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mauser bolt and other questions.

I have built up a custom Mauser on a Yugo 24/47 action. My problem is, though the rifle is slick as snot, the bolt is sloppy when drawn fully rearward. Now I know with Mausers it can be the nature of the beast and I know with some it is not as bad but is there anything can be done to tighten it up a bit?

Also, is there a synthetic stock out there that is worth a damn for these rifles? I have an ATI on it now and I am in the proccess ofstiffening it up but I would like something nicer. I looked at Boyds and while they are nice, I don't want to pay for nice wood to just paint over it.

Bell & Carlson makes a pretty nice stock for it. It's their model number 2948 and hteir web site is http://www.bellandcarlson.com/. If you haven't done so already check out Mauser Central. You could also ping FM Sniper here on SC, he's a Mauser expert.

I have a couple of mausers, one is the yugo. I dont see any real way to tighten up a mauser action that wont costy big bucks, n I mean BIG bucks.

Some suggest a shim inside the action right behind the third locking lug with a system of set screws on the upper slope of the rear bridge to dampen the wobble... I wouldnt.

I have painted Boyds stocks- get the laminate and paint away! You can buy a appearance blemished or a bizarre colored one at a discount.

Good luck, have fun.

Its supposed to be sloppy like that, so that grit, dirt etc can be shaken out of the action by opening the bolt. Why mess with it?
    I am dyslexia of Borg, futility is resistant, your &#* will be laminated.

The People's Moderator!

That sloppyness will not hurt accuracy. What affects accuracy is when the bolt locks into the lugs when closed. Don't worry about it.
    John

1.Humans are more important than Hardware.

2.Quality is better than Quantity.

3.Special Operations Forces cannot be mass produced.

4.Competent Special Operations Forces cannot be created after emergencies occur.

Sloppy is fine. I put a Boyd's JRS on mine. Pretty nice looking piece of wood for $90.
    "Dress cute wherever you go, life is too short to blend in." -- Paris Hilton

I'll have to check them out again but one question. You would be related to the Parkers in Mississippi would you? Or is your screen name just that?

Really though, I have started toying with selling it and building a Stevens.
    I understand the slop is fine and it doesn't affect accuracy but it just isn't as smooth as I would like.

Just my screen name but it is based upon a favorite fictional character of mine. I'm sure someone here can guess who.
    "Dress cute wherever you go, life is too short to blend in." -- Paris Hilton

I really like Savage and Stevens rifles, they are inherintly easy to make accurate, but if you are trying to eliminate the feel of a sloppy bolt Savage will disappoint you.

PhillipParker is Peter Parker's little known younger brother right? Phillip was not bitten as his older brother was by a radioactive spider. He was bitten by a radioactive transvestite. Let's just say that the results were...not pretty to look at.

Way I hear it is now he makes the big bucks at a 'club' in Los Wages...

Different strokes I suppose.... :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads