Browning Rifle...

This is a discussion on Browning Rifle... within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Ok.. I am back (as usual) Larry is working on my gun but my grandfather has a few rifles that I want.. The one I ...

Browning Rifle...

Ok.. I am back (as usual) Larry is working on my gun but my grandfather has a few rifles that I want..

The one I am looking at is I believe a Browning A-Bolt.. Something like that I just know it has an A in the model. It is Black Matte Barrel with Black Synthetic Stock. It has a Leupold 3x9x40 mounted on it...

This rifle has been in a case stored for TEN years.. we took it out the other day, put in his Fact. ammo from the last time he shot it, and it grouped right under .75 MOA at 100 yards... I asked him if he would sell it to me and he said he would think about it. Dad said he has never shot one so smooth that grouped like his with factory ammo.

So.. question is.. is the rifle worth buying and if so.. is there a market for other parts to add to it. OR Would I even need to. Maybe just blue print the action. Anyways.. I was thinking about giving him 500.00 for it, think he would take it.. He never shoots it and OFFERS to let me shoot it every year for hunting. But I always use my 700 ADL.. ANY THOUGHTS?
    "The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion." Prov. 28:1

Proud owner of an Excorcio built Remy 700 in 30-06

For starters one can never have to many rifles. Also the Browning A-Bolt is a fine action in it's own right. However it does not have much of a following in aftermarket parts and accessories. If I were you I might purchase it and keep it as is. It would make an outstanding hunting rifle. Then you could take that remmy and use it as a project rifle.
    Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you.

Sum dominus fati: sed sum princeps meae.

Plus, if you keep it as is it will have tremendous sentimental value after your grandpappy has left us. You'll be able to take it out with your grandkids and shoot it, how cool would that be?

Ads